Can the Jets win the Stanley Cup This Year ?

Can The Jet's Win The Stanley Cup This Year ? Do they have enough ???

• Yes I think they they Have the players to win this year

• I think they will within 1-3 years

• I think they need 1 more dominant player to win

• No, the Team doesn't have the talent needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jet's have all the talent they need right now to win the Stanley Cup this year, and they don't need to trade off any of our young talent to aquire a player to do so. Why should we give up a good young prospect when we're one of the highest scoring teams in the league ?

They have great goaltending at around .925, they've beaten most of the top teams they've played-- like Pittsburgh, Washington, Las Vegas, Tampa, the Devils, the Kings and many others. If they can beat these top teams, they can beat anybody.

We have one of the highest scoring teams for goals scored, and we also have a terrific defensive core, and that defence can also score as well.

I think the Jet's are there, and can win this year if they play with belief, and desire-what do you think ??

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
They have the pieces.

It might come down to experience though.

And 2 things;

When things get really tight and it will and the pressure is magnified. Who will be up to the challenge to get the team over the hump.
One guy who likes to be on the spot light is Laine, he might not be ready this year as he is very young but if a goal is needed and clock is ticking down. He should be one of the guys out there.

Are the team physically able to handle when the other team picks on our smaller players. Buff, Lowry and the big boys can handle it. But can Enstrom, Morrissey, Ehlers, Connor and Roslo take the pounding? I'm not saying they can't but we will see.

They have beaten all the top teams in the league already, except the LEAFS ;)
They can and they might, I like their changes specially if Lowry and Trouba are back.

That is way the #1 seed is very important to get. Maurice is very good at home with line matching .

GO JETS GO,
GO FOR IT

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
All of the First 3 option, they have the talent now. Wheeler is one of the best players this season, Scheifele is just so dominant and we have arguably the best depth in the league Offensively and a very strong sounded defence along with a goalie who’s having an Elite season... So I think there’s a decent chance already.

We still have Elite players developing and getting better each day learning(Hellebuyck, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, even Morrisey and Roslovic) with potential future high value game changers who are coming up like Niku, Vesalainen(Blue Chip Prospect), Samberg, Lemiuex, even Stanley and Green(who I’m really high on).

With that being said all teams have places they can get better at, we don’t have any flaws but again we could get even better and somewhere that could potentially happen is on the Bottom 9 LW or the 2nd/3rd Pair LD, by addition of a guy who’s a game changer there and you have a Cup Favourite(IMO)... I think the potential “game changers”(Top 6 guys or high quality D) will be found in one place, the city that never sleeps. New York(a team who has no rivalry,not in division or conference nearly irrelevant competitive wise),has Zuccerello, Nash, Grabner and McDonagh(unlikely suspect though) all up in air in potential movement, I think one of those guys give us the favour and an extreme advantage to win that Cup(though being Cup favourite and winning the Cup is never likely unless your a world beater team like the Pens last season).

Imagine the team with another high value Winger...

Offence:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - Top 5 1st Line in the League.

Perreault Little Roslovic - High end Puck controlling 2nd Line(exhausting and irritating for other teams).

Ehlers Lowry(/Copp) Laine - Best 3rd Line in the League, Better than any 2nd line in the League and would be a high echelon 1st Line on most teams(if Chemistry is there).

Nash/Zuccarello Hendricks Armia - Best 4th line in the league.

Defence:

Morrissey Trouba - High quality shutdown 1st pairing Line.

Kulikov Myers - Underrated but high quality overall pairing , better than some other teams 1st pairings.

Enstrom Byfuglien - High quality overall pairing , best 3rd pairing in the League.

Goalies:
Hellebuyck -Unkown in the Playoffs but extremely good overall this season and arguably Elite.

Mason - Lol, not to sure what to ask of this as we have hardly seen him. Maybe he’s good or maybe he’s bad...

- When you have a Forward core balanced with players lines that can all score and take over games at will then you have a Ultra-Contender, but even now we arguably have the best Forward depth in the league but it can improve and multiply our chances...

That sounds like a capable team...

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like to browse other team's forums and I have to chime in; yes.

Maybe 1 more winger would be nice but even if you don't add, I say yes, you have a chance for sure. Your biggest threat in the West is going to Nashville, especially if they add a piece or 2. If they add a top 6-9 winger and an upgrade on the 3rd pairing RD slot then they will be nasty.

Good luck...except against the Leafs ;)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I like to browse other team's forums and I have to chime in; yes.

Maybe 1 more winger would be nice but even if you don't add, I say yes, you have a chance for sure. Your biggest threat in the West is going to Nashville, especially if they add a piece or 2. If they add a top 6-9 winger and an upgrade on the 3rd pairing RD slot then they will be nasty.

Good luck...except against the Leafs ;)

We shall meet in the finals :) friends today at war when that time comes :)

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
giphy.gif

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
One more dman.

I think chevy is trolling top 6 forwards trade market to increase value (ultimately cost competition too much to attain forwards) of top 6 players or maybe push jet players to play harder.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
One more dman.

I think chevy is trolling top 6 forwards trade market to increase value of top 6 players or maybe push jet players to play harder.

I’m not to sure about that, if we where able to pull a Top 6 Forward from a team(without selling to much) and place him in that Bottom Line LW spot it makes us that much better... In a perfect world Zuccarello or Grabner would work perfect, your probably thinking it’s unnecessary, but to me when you have a guy on each line who can score 0.7+ PPG(or 0.35+ GPG) than you have high end scoring chances all game because you have high end scoring talent on every single line.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
One more Dman

I think chevy is trolling top 6 forwards trade market to increase value (ultimately cost competition too much to attain forwards) of top 6 players or maybe push jet players to play harder.

I can't see how we'd need one more Dman- look what we have right now.

Right side D -- Buff, Myers and Trouba -- all can score and skate well. I'd say they are the best right side defenseman in the NHL

Left side D-- Morrissey, Kulikov, and Enstrom-- very very solid, and Morrissey can score, and seldom makes mistakes. Enstrom contributes good experience.

All in all - we probably have one of the highest scoring defensive pairings in the NHL.

I'd say we're set up very nicely on defence, and I also don't see any holes in this Jet's team--they have the whole package.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To me once you get in the dance any team can win , home ice advantage matters some but if you get the goaltending you can win .

Reactions: purdy44

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
All of the First 3 option, they have the talent now. Wheeler is one of the best players this season, Scheifele is just so dominant and we have arguably the best depth in the league Offensively and a very strong sounded defence along with a goalie who’s having an Elite season... So I think there’s a decent chance already.

We still have Elite players developing and getting better each day learning(Hellebuyck, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, even Morrisey and Roslovic) with potential future high value game changers who are coming up like Niku, Vesalainen(Blue Chip Prospect), Samberg, Lemiuex, even Stanley and Green(who I’m really high on).

With that being said all teams have places they can get better at, we don’t have any flaws but again we could get even better and somewhere that could potentially happen is on the Bottom 9 LW or the 2nd/3rd Pair LD, by addition of a guy who’s a game changer there and you have a Cup Favourite(IMO)... I think the potential “game changers”(Top 6 guys or high quality D) will be found in one place, the city that never sleeps. New York(a team who has no rivalry,not in division or conference nearly irrelevant competitive wise),has Zuccerello, Nash, Grabner and McDonagh(unlikely suspect though) all up in air in potential movement, I think one of those guys give us the favour and an extreme advantage to win that Cup(though being Cup favourite and winning the Cup is never likely unless your a world beater team like the Pens last season).

Imagine the team with another high value Winger...

Offence:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - Top 5 1st Line in the League.

Perreault Little Roslovic - High end Puck controlling 2nd Line(exhausting and irritating for other teams).

Ehlers Lowry(/Copp) Laine - Best 3rd Line in the League, Better than any 2nd line in the League and would be a high echelon 1st Line on most teams(if Chemistry is there).

Nash/Zuccarello Hendricks Armia - Best 4th line in the league.

Defence:

Morrissey Trouba - High quality shutdown 1st pairing Line.

Kulikov Myers - Underrated but high quality overall pairing , better than some other teams 1st pairings.

Enstrom Byfuglien - High quality overall pairing , best 3rd pairing in the League.

Goalies:
Hellebuyck -Unkown in the Playoffs but extremely good overall this season and arguably Elite.

Mason - Lol, not to sure what to ask of this as we have hardly seen him. Maybe he’s good or maybe he’s bad...

- When you have a Forward core balanced with players lines that can all score and take over games at will then you have a Ultra-Contender, but even now we arguably have the best Forward depth in the league but it can improve and multiply our chances...

That sounds like a capable team...

Nash wouldnt be on a 4th line

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Can they? Well sure. Why not? We’ve been running near the top of the league for a significant chunk of this season. We’re one of the top three favourites i’d say.

Now that’s totally different from saying they will win the cup. But certainly they can win it...I don’t think many people would be shocked if they did.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I think roslovic has thrown a big wrench into everything. it looks like he is here to stay meaning 2 of roslovic connor ehlers laine will be on so called 4th line but not really a 4th line when lowry comes back. I would guess maybe they are looking for a centre that can play with them but is defensively aware too. copp is fine but an upgrade on him like a plekanec type of player with some experience.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I don't see the right answer in the poll. I think we have the talent. I don't think we can win the Stanley Cup this year. We are lacking any meaningful playoff experience. Hopefully, we go into a cycle where we can get some deep playoff experience. That could enable us to contend for the cup in the coming years.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I forgot to mention - the emergence of Chairot as being serviceable LHD lately is going to be huge for us in the playoffs. Toby likely won't make it out of a first round series. Maybe not out of the first game.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Honestly, this team blossomed so beautifully, it reminds me too much of the Chicago Blackhawks of 2009-10, but I feel we just have such a strong major advantage than that team did. It's like our only competition are Boston, Tampa Bay and Nashville now! We just gotta stay healthy.

Vegas I can see choking in the playoffs.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I need to see this team play play off hockey against a team like Nashville before I could forecast if we have a legit shot. Playoffs are a whole new season, And how we deal with bigger faster teams under very intense hockey, will determine how far we get.

We’re going to have some playoff type games coming up against division rivals that will be good indicators for how our young team will deal with it. I believe we are missing some grit and that will be identified and our playoff run.

Nov 24, 2006
It WOULD be pretty funny for a franchise that’s never won a playoff game to win the Stanley Cup.

If we did upgrade anywhere, I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Enstrom replaced with another LHD.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
As long as they make the playoffs they have a legitimate shot at winning the Stanley Cup. When they have a healthy lineup and are getting solid goaltending from Hellebuyck, the Jets are amongst the best teams in the league right now. So I would say they indeed have the ability win it this year.

:jets

Reactions: Georgetown Al

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
First post.

For this year, does anyone (else) think the Jets need a player like Lowry in certain playoff games? I'm not sure who might be available that would fit the bill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad