Can the Jackets make the playoffs?

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
They have a nice team but it may be too tough to climb out of the hole they are in. Absolutely crushed by injuries. Sometimes it's not your year. If they don't make it this year I could see them being a prime bounce back candidate next season.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
the question is actually a math problem..

assuming they need the same 93 points to make the playoffs like they did last years, they need 62 points in 49 games, or about 63% of their remaining points...

so 31-18-0 from here on out...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
the question is actually a math problem..

assuming they need the same 93 points to make the playoffs like they did last years, they need 62 points in 49 games, or about 63% of their remaining points...

so 31-18-0 from here on out...

I would call that possible but not probable. My guess is they fall in the 85-90 point range

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
On paper when healthy, they are easily a playoff team

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Of course they can. Season isn't even half way over. They had a good points streak going. I believe they picked up a point in their last nine games. Injuries have been brutal to them but no way should anyone count them out at this juncture.

notheroic

Aug 2, 2005
Fort McMurray, AB
I think it's entirely possible. That 3rd spot in the Metro is there for the taking I think. Washington and the Rags have not ultimately convinced me yet that they can own that spot. And Bobrovsky is hot right now. If they could get Hartnell and Anisimov back then I'd say they have a decent crack at it. Also the WC isn't set in stone either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think they make it. I think there's 3 better teams in the division and Boston heats up to beat them out for a wildcard.

Oct 18, 2011
will they ever get most of their key players back? if they do, then yes they can easily make up 10 points on the leafs

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
will they ever get most of their key players back? if they do, then yes they can easily make up 10 points on the leafs

It's not just the Leafs though they have to make up points on. I am guessing Boston will get better in the second half and they have less of a climb to grab one of those 2 wildcard spots. Florida is also playing well this year and could surprise us

HOLDITHERE*

I think everyone but Carolina has a shot at making it.

Pittsburgh - I don't see them falling too far, if at all, but if Malkin goes down, it's definitely possible.

NYI - Not showing any signs of slowing down, it would be rather surprising if they fell short at the end of the season.

Washington - Roaring back after finally finding a working system and an acceptable defensive game.

Columbus - Even with the injuries, they're right in the hunt. I think they're alot scarier than people give them credit for.

NYR - Reigning Conference champs, and Nash is ****ing beating.

New Jersey - You can never count out the ability to bore someone into submission.

Philadelphia - Not sure where the lottery pick jokes come from, as they're right in it as well. I don't personally see them making it, but they're 6 points out...

The Metro really gets underrated as to how competitive it is. Everyone but Carolina has a decent shot at at least a wild card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad