Speculation: Can the Isles afford to trade for a goalie? Can they afford not to?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Word is he doesn’t want to come to the NHL until he’s at least 25.
wrong, he wants an nhl job, he said directly to garth he wont go to the AHL before he re-signed in russia

its that simple

as the phase goes: "its all about the benjamins"

some Isles fans just dont pay attention

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't see how they have a choice, you can't win without a #1 goalie and they don't have one, they have 2 solid backups but no starter

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Is Ho-Sang possibly on the table? He’s good, but seems superfluous with the emergence of Barzal and Bailey and I find it odd he’s back in the A, despite good production. What’s the vibe from Isle fans about his long term future with the team?

If he’s on the move maybe Mrazek and Detroit’s extra 2nd round pick for him?

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Is Ho-Sang possibly on the table?
the isles have no interest in detroits goalies

i would say that about one third of islanders fans still like and want to keep ho-sang while the other two thirds are sick and tired of him and want no part of him anymore.
personally, i never liked the cat.....i wanted barbashev.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Trade for a goalie and the Islanders may have a shot at resigning Tavares. I just think Taraves is gone either way. Can't wait to see Bailey and Lee put up the same amount of pts next season without Taraves.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
wrong, he wants an nhl job, he said directly to garth he wont go to the AHL before he re-signed in russia

its that simple

as the phase goes: "its all about the benjamins"

some Isles fans just dont pay attention

Wrong

He was interviewed last month and stated he wants to stay and develop and come to the NHL st 25.

I follow Sorokin very closely.

I guess you were in the room st the time he spoke to Garth.

You obviously don’t pay attention and should look in the mirror.

Here’s the link wiseguy. Sorokin’s own words.

Сорокин о том, почему он не уехал из ЦСКА в «Айлендерс»: «Много факторов. Финансы в том числе»

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Trade for a goalie and the Islanders may have a shot at resigning Tavares. I just think Taraves is gone either way. Can't wait to see Bailey and Lee put up the same amount of pts next season without Taraves.
Yes. Cause losing 2 of their top 4 D will have no effect on a new goalie's stats. He will not struggle at all :sarcasm:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
i would say that about one third of islanders fans still like and want to keep ho-sang while the other two thirds are sick and tired of him and want no part of him anymore.
personally, i never liked the cat.....i wanted barbashev.

21 yr old JHS has played about 40 nhl career games. Why isn't he a finished product?

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's not me you have to convince.:laugh: It's Tavares.;)
I think Tavares is smart enough to look at the 1st and 2nd yr blueliners, who are playing in place of Boychuk, De Haan and Hamonic and realize any goalie is going to struggle behind such a inexperienced D.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It's not me you have to convince.:laugh: It's Tavares.;)

That's what makes them make a move. The Isles management and fans might be ok with letting it all play out and trying again next year with a healthy blue line, but I think Tavares would prefer to see some moves made that at least show they're trying to fix holes to win now. He's not getting any younger, I doubt he wants to hear about how they'll fix it in the offseason, or about how important those draft picks will be 4 or 5 years down the road. I mean I'm sure he gets it, and I'm sure he is being genuine when he says he wants to remain an Islander, it just must be nagging to know in January that your team doesn't want to make any moves and to just do the best you can with what you have.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is Ho-Sang possibly on the table? He’s good, but seems superfluous with the emergence of Barzal and Bailey and I find it odd he’s back in the A, despite good production. What’s the vibe from Isle fans about his long term future with the team?

Barzal is a center and rw Bailey an impending ufa,due a very big raise

How exactly does this make winger JHS superfluous?

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's what makes them make a move. The Isles management and fans might be ok with letting it all play out and trying again next year with a healthy blue line, but I think Tavares would prefer to see some moves made that at least show they're trying to fix holes to win now. He's not getting any younger, I doubt he wants to hear about how they'll fix it in the offseason, or about how important those draft picks will be 4 or 5 years down the road. I mean I'm sure he gets it, and I'm sure he is being genuine when he says he wants to remain an Islander, it just must be nagging to know in January that your team doesn't want to make any moves and to just do the best you can with what you have.

I never said Isles management with extra picks+ a good prospect pool was not looking to make moves.

With the injuries on D and one of the worst penalty kills in the league,I would be very surprised if Snow is not shopping for D and a strong bottom 6 player,capable of helping the PK.

However, Halak's play HAD improved before Boychuk's injury and I do not think we will see the isles add a goalie during the season.
No matter how dire the warnings from fans of teams,looking to move goalies :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->