Can The Iggy Trade Help the Oilers?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
That and when we play calgary it'll be easier to win against them *knock on wood*

Was thinking this is the only way it helps them. Value of players are not that high and teams aren't paying allot for anyone else they get to dump salary.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
I do not want the Oilers to trade Paajarvi unless it fills an important role in the lineup. Not sure what boston could give us that would make giving up Paajarvi worth while, unless it was something like dougie hamilton. I would probably do Paajarvi + Whitney for Dougie Hamilton.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
I do not want the Oilers to trade Paajarvi unless it fills an important role in the lineup. Not sure what boston could give us that would make giving up Paajarvi worth while, unless it was something like dougie hamilton. I would probably do Paajarvi + Whitney for Dougie Hamilton.

I don't think Boston would.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa

PC might be desperate but he isn's smoking crack... They've got a Paajarvi of their own in Soderberg coming over if and when Linkoping gets eliminated. Dougie Hamilton is one of the few defensive prospects better than Justin Schultz IMO.

Cooperalls

Oiler Fan!!!
Oct 5, 2010
I don't think it's going to be pure panic overpayments, but some of the Eastern GM's HAVE to feel the pressure to at least make a token move or two to keep up with Pittsburgh. The Penguins have looked dominant over the last while, BEFORE adding those 3 bodies. And that's without losing anyone off their roster. I don't remember a year like this, late in the year where I thought to myself, "good luck playing them".

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

Ha, I just picked myself off the floor. Thanks for making me laugh. While we're at it, maybe we can get Crosby for Gagner and a third rounder.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Paajarvi has been great this season, but no way the Bruins deal someone like Hamilton for him.

Dutchess

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH

Chiarelli should get fired on the spot if he agreed to a deal like that.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Ha, I just picked myself off the floor. Thanks for making me laugh. While we're at it, maybe we can get Crosby for Gagner and a third rounder.

They forgot to do up the strap eh. Good thing you have the call button around your neck. :razz:

Was a not a chance in heck statement though, you're right.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Dear Mods,

Since you guys seem to have a lot of power to temper and control the out of control mass's, can you please ban the use of the word Lucic on these boards? Boston ain't giving that guy up for anything we have unless we are talking Hall, RNH or Ebs. Or Shultz and Yaks. It's getting worse than the Shea Weber talk earlier.

Thanks

A concerned poster :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->