Can the Chicago Blackhawks go on a cup run?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Suppose anything is possible.

But watching them play the Bruins the other day two things stood out.

Their in zone coverage, especially from the forwards, is horrific.

Their defence give pucks away like candy.

Not to judge them on one game or anything but ya. If they play like that against a top team out west they’ll get slaughtered in 4.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If Keith was '15 Keith, and Crawford came back and played like he did before he was injured last year, I could maybe see it, but as it stands the defense just isn't good enough.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Can they? Yes
Will they? Nope.

Teams don't win the cup giving up 35plus shots against per game.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This mini run reminds me of a pre-bottom out when a veteran team comes to life late in the season, only to miss the playoffs by one point or lose in 4-5 games in the first round. May happen again next year, but eventually the wheels will fall off completely.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
lol... no. They may not even make the playoffs. If they do, it'll be because their competition for a Wild Card spot was a joke.

The team is not good at all. There is no way they can beat NSH, CGY or SJ.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I mean, the '91 North Stars were 27-39-14 and made the Cup Final.

I hope the 'Hawks do make it, and get all the way to the Final, where the Lightning beat them and we get even for 2015. I can dig that. I don't care if this 'Hawks team is a dessicated husk of what the '15 'Hawks were.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think they'll clinch a wild card spot next year, but if not next year the year after. But after two seasons I think they'll find themselves back in a playoff spot.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
They won't even make the playoffs. Teams get hot and cold throughout the year. They won't continue the pace they're on and will cool down. They've played well for like 8 games, and the 8 games before that they were awful. Even if they do make it they would get steamrolled by the Jets, Flames, Preds, Knights.

Or hey possibly the sharks Who are tied with Winnipeg and have a better records than the Pred’s nights and flames

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
There won't be any Cup runs until this team starts playing better defense.

However, just making it to the playoffs would be an extraordinary turnaround.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
No, all they are doing right now is screwing up their lottery odds, which is hilarious.

Hawks fan here and the sad thing is you’re absolutely right.

We have ZERO CHANCE at winning it all. So why not just tank? Very frustrating watching us win all these games recently...

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hawks fan here and the sad thing is you’re absolutely right.

We have ZERO CHANCE at winning it all. So why not just tank? Very frustrating watching us win all these games recently...
They have some good young talent and sure they aren't going to win the SC this year but why should every team tank?

Developing a winning culture is sometimes more important IMO.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
LOL

really?

Preds and Jets are 2 of the top 3 teams in the NHL. Sharks and Flames might just be #4 and #5...

pretty much this, the hate on for the west is kind of silly as at least one SC finalist will be from the west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad