Can the Chicago Blackhawks go on a cup run?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yes i didnt just say playoffs - i said cup run.

Horrible season. Bottom feeders. But then they started winning games again and both Kane and Toews seem to be having their best offensive seasons ever. I know Keith is older but hes still there and in a playoff run maybe he can get it together too.

Put it this way - the West is so weak right now after the top teams that i think Chicago has a very good chance of squeaking into the last playoff spot.

Is their window completely closed if they do? Their 2 best players are playing great and im a huge fan of experience come playoff time and obviously they have that in spades.

Does anyone else like their playoff chances and believe they can make some noise once there?

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see it. Maybe they can pull off an upset but they just don't have the players to go on an extended run in my opinion.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd never bet against Kane and Toews. If Minny decides to tear it down despite being close to a playoff spot like the Rangers did last year, well, that opens up a playoff spot.

If they go through the Pacific, they could get to Final 4, but I don't like their chances against the Central.

I don't see a Cup run, but maybe a couple of upsets.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
They won't even make the playoffs. Teams get hot and cold throughout the year. They won't continue the pace they're on and will cool down. They've played well for like 8 games, and the 8 games before that they were awful. Even if they do make it they would get steamrolled by the Jets, Flames, Preds, Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This year?

I suppose anyone could if things broke just the right way for them.

But they would need A LOT of breaks to go their way.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe if..
Postseason hockey motivates Saad, Keith & Seabrook to play at a high level again
Crawford comes back and plays at a Vezina level
Defense pulls together

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I was honestly thinking of putting 100 bucks on it a couple of weeks ago

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Loving watching Kane and Toews play well, Debrincat and Strome

But we are pretty awful and we probably just miss the playoffs, never mind actually win a series

Reactions: vshun

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'd be happy with just winning a series/pulling an upset, if we make it. Give the young guys a taste of playoff action is the goal.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Chicago is in 11th place in their conference at the moment.

They are only 4 points out of the WC2 spot, so it is possible for them to get into the playoffs, but a SC run? No way!!!

They would be matched up with Winnipeg or Calgary. I know that the Jets would chew them up. I really haven't seen the Flames this year, but I would have to assume the same result with them as a first round opponent.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No.

This "West is weak" bullshit is hilarious. The Jets, Predators, Sharks, Flames and Knights are not weak. The Blues are the hottest team in hockey. Dallas is a just fine Wild Card team. Those are all solid teams.

The only "weak" team in the playoffs would be Chicago, or whoever else between Minnesota, Colorado or Vancouver wins that 8th spot.

Yet there's this spin that the rest of the conference sucks and the crappy 8th team is going to do damage. :laugh: Not likely.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Ottawa did it 2 years ago with very little talent, so yes I think it's possible, not likely, but possible.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I'd never bet against Kane and Toews. If Minny decides to tear it down despite being close to a playoff spot like the Rangers did last year, well, that opens up a playoff spot.

If they go through the Pacific, they could get to Final 4, but I don't like their chances against the Central.

I don't see a Cup run, but maybe a couple of upsets.

I would neither Kane or toews are as good as Malkin and Keith is no Letang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->