Can the Canadiens remake history again ?

Sep 19, 2008
Anything is possible

Said yesterday they could do what they did against Caps and come back from 3-1

Can't count them out until Ottawa wins 4 games

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
Only way you can be 100% sure we don't win this series is if you think the sens finish us in 5 games. Because c'mon, if the habs win thursday don't tell me you won't start believing again.

Even if we win on Thursday it won't matter much. Hell, even if we win the series it won't matter much. The injuries are too much. Gionta is done for the year (not that in makes much of a difference the way he's played) Max is clearly playing injured. Prust is all but able to lace his skates. Eller is done for the series and probably round 2 at the very least if we're being realistic. Emelin is still out for the year and now Price is gone for who knows how long. It's just too much.

People seem to forget that we're playing the Ottawa Senators. They're a bad team. They can barely score. Even if we somehow manage to win the series, we're gonna get destroyed in the second round no matter who we play.

It's unfortunate that we got decimated by injuries at the worst possible time. This was a great year that's about to have a crappy ending. It happens. The future looks good though. Plenty to be optimistic about.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
price is nowhere remotely close to what halak was that year.aint gonna happen .

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I've said it in a few other threads but I'll say it again. We are the masters of the 3-1 down comeback. I'm very confident.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't think it will happen but with that said, we could very easily be up 3-1 in this series with a craig anderson type of performance. We are in reality not built for playoff hockey, we are a team that constantly battles injuries and way to often takes its foot off the gas in key situations. We need d help and some offensive help and I don't see it in free agency. So where do we go from here? I hope Marc Bergevin knows be cause we need help.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
It is possible.

Ramdom picture to bring us luck :

romancecover.jpg

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
not built for playoff hockey???ha ha ha ha .sure.if we had a goalie who was capable of makin the big save at the right time we WOULD be up 3-1 in the series.dont get me wrong the team in front of price has had its issues but unless you receive clutch saves from your tender it dont matter who you have up front. we completely outplayed the sens last night.at times they couldnt even get out of their zone.but when it really mattered price wasnt able to shut the door. look at how the pens are doin with fleury.you gonna tell me they arent built for the playoffs too?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
My gut says Habs in 7 (it always does, anyways).

My brain says we win the next and then lose in Ottawa again in a very frustrating game, with unlucky bounces, bad calls etc.

NewHabsEra*

With all the injured guys, I think thats barely impossible to win this serie.. Especially the way the last game ended..

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
I dont see it happening.

Specially with the reffing we've had since game 1...

I know it's a conspiracy but I believe that the refs do everything in their hand to help Ottawa win.

#blametherefs

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If we can get through game 5 without Prust and Price and then have them come back (though would feel bad about forcing Petey out after a win - but that's the job and Price has been terrific IMO after game 1) -

then hellz yes we can. Ottawa sucks. We are seriously getting f'd over by our mountain of injuries and the refs. We are a better team. Time for the luck to swing our way.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Therrien's body language last night was not positive.. He looked defeated for the first time this season.. It looked like we were eliminated last night.. Hopes he finds a way to light a fire under all our underachieving fowards for game #5

Man, after that bs of a jobbing by the league, I am surprised he only mentioned the faceoff side issue. He has held up well IMO. Think about how you felt, then think about how he must feel + his players dropping like flies and the refs doing (again) nothing to protect our players. Ridiculous interference, holding and illegal hits are causing a lot of damage to this team and it should have gone punished. Did we get more than 1 PP last game after the Sens clear infractions on almost every play? Nah. I am not surprised Therrien looked...upset, but I don't think he looked defeated. Probably feels the same way we do, those of us who still think that there IS a path to game 7.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Even if we win on Thursday it won't matter much. Hell, even if we win the series it won't matter much. The injuries are too much. Gionta is done for the year (not that in makes much of a difference the way he's played) Max is clearly playing injured. Prust is all but able to lace his skates. Eller is done for the series and probably round 2 at the very least if we're being realistic. Emelin is still out for the year and now Price is gone for who knows how long. It's just too much.

People seem to forget that we're playing the Ottawa Senators. They're a bad team. They can barely score. Even if we somehow manage to win the series, we're gonna get destroyed in the second round no matter who we play.

It's unfortunate that we got decimated by injuries at the worst possible time. This was a great year that's about to have a crappy ending. It happens. The future looks good though. Plenty to be optimistic about.

I agree about rd2, but it's about the character of this team coming back from being shafted. The Eller hit, the mclean trolling, the horrible reffing. There is a lot to avenge here. I want to win the series for pride. Otherwise I REALLY want to play the Sens in the playoffs next year.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
not built for playoff hockey???ha ha ha ha .sure.if we had a goalie who was capable of makin the big save at the right time we WOULD be up 3-1 in the series.dont get me wrong the team in front of price has had its issues but unless you receive clutch saves from your tender it dont matter who you have up front. we completely outplayed the sens last night.at times they couldnt even get out of their zone.but when it really mattered price wasnt able to shut the door. look at how the pens are doin with fleury.you gonna tell me they arent built for the playoffs too?

tumblr_mi1me64v9d1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
It would completely mess the Sens up, hopefully like the Capitals in 2010 :naughty:

And I swear that Price must have ********* some people`s dog and killed their girlfriend.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
A series ain't over until one team has won four games. We did it against Washington when no one expected it as an 8th place team.

And let's stop mentioning goaltenders. Fact is, if the Habs had played a complete, 60 minute game in games 1 and 4, the series would be 3-1 for us. They take their foot off the gas in the 3rd and it's come back to bite us in the ass. All the Habs need to do is play a complete, 60 minute game and the series will take a different turn.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
No. This team doesn't have that killer instinct, they won't win four straight IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->