Can the Canadiens remake history again ?

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
We did the same to Boston a few years prior after Kovalev was more worried about trying to sell a slashing call than chasing the giveaway which ended in us going down 3-1 in the series.

The answer is no. Way too many key injuries.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Why do people only focus on goaltenders? If the habs are gonna win the series, it has to be a team win and not the reliance on anyone player. Outside of game 1, goaltending hasn't been a problem.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
2004 against Boston was the first series I watched as a Habs fan. Damn, almost 10 years ago. Time flies. My mom told me I could watch the whole game 7, I was so happy. :laugh:

I was like 10 years old.
tumblr_m3mm6veagk1qhsv0i.jpg

I know we can do it again. I know what this team is capable of.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
With all the Injuries.. I don't think it will happen... but... I'd love to see it happen.. and then stick it to Maclean's ugly moustache... He's making fun of the Habs right now in his post games interviews...

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac
Remember 2010,we were trailing 3 games to 1 to the Capitals also, and we beat them in 7 games,of course we had Halak, but maybe Budaj could do the same.

All depends on the next game, if we can win the next one, anything is possible after that.
Right now we are emotionally defeated!
A few bounces our way in game 5, get some confidence back and its a whole new perspective.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They can. Question is will they.

They way I see it, we've outplayed Ottawa 3 of the 4 games and haven't won 2 of them.

If we get the bounces they've got and stick to our game plan then it's possible. If they play like they did in game 2 on Thursday then say hello to the golf course. Bad bounces and terrible calls can't get the Habs down. This is a new game and a new copportunity.

Bottom line is if we play Habs hockey, we're a better team than Ottawa is. Home ice win takes the series back to Ottawa where we HAVE to win (obviously) and hope to get to a game 7. If we can take it to a game 7, I'm very confident we can take the series.

One day at a time but it's definately doable.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Therrien's body language last night was not positive.. He looked defeated for the first time this season.. It looked like we were eliminated last night.. Hopes he finds a way to light a fire under all our underachieving fowards for game #5

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not this year and the way things have gone so far in these playoffs for us

But compared to both those last comebacks, we actually have 2 home games this time if we would get it done

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I don't see why not. I love this team. And you only know you love it because of tough times. It's been done before, it can be repeated. If the Habs play their game, we can win 3 in a row.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
patches and prust are walking dead
price is out
eller is out
emelin is (still) out
gionta is out
white is out
and im pretty sure im forgetting a few people

we got almost half our top 9 gone or playing on one leg, and will be playing our backup.

yeah, we can make it :sarcasm:

that cheap shot on eller more or less sealed the series for the sens right there. and that was in game one.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
If we're gonna we're gonna have to play our game, draw penalties and SCORE goals which has been extremely difficult against Ottawa. Which is why I don't think we will do it too many injuries this time around

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Sure dreams can happen.. But not without gomez....

Lol.. gomez get kicked off bad team and goes to good team :)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Start by winning the nest home game, the Sens will be pressured to end it at home, capitalize on their mistakes, tie the series and come back home for the deciding game 7. It's possible but highly unlikely with all our injuries. One game at a time is all we can hope for now.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Well the way I always see it...

- Can we win the next game in Montreal? Yeah, why not, it's only one game, calls could go our way, Budaj can play a great game, this team showed a lot of caracter.

If we win, series is 2-3...Right there you have a series again.

- We get back some momentum. Can this momentum be enough to win another game in Ottawa? Yep. Playing with a sense of urgency, maybe improving the clutch and finishing the plays.

If we win, series is 3-3-...

- Now we get a game 7 in front of the home crowd. Momentum is in full swing in our favor. Can we pull a miracle at the BC? Yes, it can happen.

As long as we have gallagher, galchenyuk, plekanec and subban, we can win. Budaj has done a good job, and anyway it's not like we thought Price was gonna be the savior anyway.

Bottom line, keeping in my mind a game 7 is in Montreal, playing one game at a time might be the way to win all 3 games. The critical game in this case would be game 6 in Ottawa.

And if the sens play out of their heads and actually deserve to win one of those 3 games, so be it, but plz hockey gods we don't wanna witness another game like last night.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
patches and prust are walking dead
price is out
eller is out
emelin is (still) out
gionta is out
white is out
and im pretty sure im forgetting a few people

we got almost half our top 9 gone or playing on one leg, and will be playing our backup.

yeah, we can make it :sarcasm:

that cheap shot on eller more or less sealed the series for the sens right there. and that was in game one.

Yup/

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
We are not going to win, Stop being optimistic..

We ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THE SERIES!

Only way you can be 100% sure we don't win this series is if you think the sens finish us in 5 games. Because c'mon, if the habs win thursday don't tell me you won't start believing again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad