Can someone please explain "Prospect Grades"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Sidney Crosby is a 10.0 C, Ovechkin a 9.0 A and Malkin a 9.0 B! What do these ratings mean and how to they come up with them? Someone please help me understand! :help:

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Sinurgy said:
Sidney Crosby is a 10.0 C, Ovechkin a 9.0 A and Malkin a 9.0 B! What do these ratings mean and how to they come up with them? Someone please help me understand! :help:

Sid the kid has a "C" chance to become one of the best players ever (a 10.0). Ovechkin is guaranteed (A) to be a first-line all-star franchise forward (9.0), while Malkin has a pretty good chance (B) to achieve that same status as Ovechkin.

It's all outlined somewheres on the main site, too.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
The number means their potential, how good they might be. 10 = once in a decade player. 9 = franchise 8 = 1st liner etc. The Letter is the likelyhood of them reacing their potential. A = Almost a certainty B = Likely Etc.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Extinguisher said:
Sid the kid has a "C" chance to become one of the best players ever (a 10.0). Ovechkin is guaranteed (A) to be a first-line all-star franchise forward (9.0), while Malkin has a pretty good chance (B) to achieve that same status as Ovechkin.

It's all outlined somewheres on the main site, too.
I looked but couldn't find any explanation on the main site.

So if I understand you correctly, the letter rating represents the odds of the player reaching the number rating? Do the number ratings correspond to lines and defensive pairings? Something like this...

10.0 = Once a generation type player
9.0 = Franchise 1st line or top 2 dman
8.0 = 1st line or top 2 dman
7.0 = 2nd line or top 4 dman
etc. etc.

Is this a hockey futures only rating system or is this universally used for rating hockey prospects?

Edit: I guess I took too long typing this post up, the post above wasn't there when I started.

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

J17ster said:
The number means their potential, how good they might be. 10 = once in a decade player. 9 = franchise 8 = 1st liner etc. The Letter is the likelyhood of them reacing their potential. A = Almost a certainty B = Likely Etc.
Not to start a crosby/ovechkin flame war, but what makes Crosby a once a generation over Malkin and Ovechkin? if anything they are all about even.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
right under the player name and his grade there should be a link in blue that says 'click here for info on prospect grades'

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
ArchieIsGod said:
right under the player name and his grade there should be a link in blue that says 'click here for info on prospect grades'
I'm an idiot, I don't know how I could've missed that. Thanks for nicely giving me that info instead of flaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->