Can someone explain to me how no-linkage is better for the PA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Jobu said:
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Gosh Wally, anyone notice a distinct lack of supporting argument? Anyone quoting your post will find, not surprisingly, nothing in it.

Congratulations, you've mastered the debating skills required of a child.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Jobu said:
:lol :lol

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Keep posting. This gets better all the time.

That's funny, because everything he said is right. In the States, unless you are a public official (like my father who is a teacher), strikes are legal as long as you are a member of a private certified union. STRIKES ARE LEGAL. Secondly, in 1992, the strike was just before the playoffs. Thirdly, the strike occured when playing under an extended CBA... which was extended to a deadline of March 30. They pushed the deadline back to try to get a deal done and when it wasn't, they said "enough" and went on strike. YOU CANNOT STRIKE UNLESS THERE IS A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT BETWEEN A CERTIFIED UNION AND IT'S EMPLOYER. In other words, you cannot strike unless you have a CBA.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
YOU CANNOT STRIKE UNLESS THERE IS A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT BETWEEN A CERTIFIED UNION AND IT'S EMPLOYER.

:lol :lol :lol

Not only is this completely false, but have you ever heard of a recognition strike?

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
PecaFan said:
Gosh Wally, anyone notice a distinct lack of supporting argument? Anyone quoting your post will find, not surprisingly, nothing in it.

Congratulations, you've mastered the debating skills required of a child.

The law in this area is so trite that it is amazing you keep debating a lost argument. You were wrong, several times. Just admit it. Try a Google search.

54Fisticuffs

Jan 10, 2005
If the CBA signed by the union and the owners had a no strike clause(like the recently(?) expired CBA between the NHL/NHLPA), and the players went on strike anyway ... would they be in breach of contract? or does the CBA not meet the requirements of an employment contract?

I never looked at the CBA in existence during the strike in the early 90's so Im not sure if it had a no strike clause. Anyone know for sure? Please provide a sufficient linkage if you have it.

Phanuthier*

Tawnos said:
For some reason, I would think that linkage is better because then you have a chance for the Cap to increase... doesn't it? Maybe I have this wrong. Someone please explain that to me.
This doesn't seem to be mentioned, but one of the main reasons is that the attendence figures are generally poor after a lockout - which would mean, right off the bat, a lower-than-expected cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad