Can someone explain the Canes celebration?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, come on people, ‘real hockey markets’ do things like throw dead cephalopods on the ice during playoff games.

I assume your talking about Detroit? Detroit is not a real hockey city either. They can't even fill up their arena. They are cringey as well with thier "hockeytown" name and the octopus nonsense. Atleast it has some background (8 wins to win the Stanley cup or something like that back in the day)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
What I find cringing is crediting this stuff to Iceland fans when this stuff has been going over all over European ultras for years. It is a fun chant, yes. Many times, there people are actually chanting something else than HU! And no, it's not from the Vikings.

That being said, I like this type of stuff landing into hockey and into NA.

How is that cringe? I didn’t say they started it, but that the teams copying them clearly adopted it from them when that soccer team had that magical run and made it mainstream in the western part of the world.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well, what's with all the news about thier arena being empty? Didn't they have to change the seat colours to hide the empty seats?

The seats were sold....they were STH's not going. Thing is, the tickets were sold and that is what they go by.....not necessarily asses in the seats.

Also, they were saying in the new building the large concourse and large TVs people aren't rushing back to their seats with food and drink...so of course that give certain TV optics as well

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
The seats were sold....they were STH's not going. Thing is, the tickets were sold and that is what they go by.....not necessarily asses in the seats.

Wow so Detroit "hockey" fans bought tickets and didn't even show up to watch hockey? Wow what a passionate bunch of hockey fans.

/s

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Wow so Detroit "hockey" fans bought tickets and didn't even show up to watch hockey? Wow what a passionate bunch of hockey fans.

/s

Can't believe the few seconds I want hasn't been giffed yet ;)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It looks so cringey... yikes. Like looking for attention.

I'm not trying to be rude, but a real hockey market wouldn't do that. It reminds of the cringey Las Vegas stuff. Yuck. Trying too hard.

Maybe they should try it.

With the amount of "suits" that tend to fill the seats in "real" hockey markets, having fun and loosening up can only improve the situation.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I never watched that movie so i dont get that reference :( explain it to me.

All the people buying tickets and not going to the game.....
"Self indulgent wieners with too much bloody money"

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Well, what's with all the news about thier arena being empty? Didn't they have to change the seat colours to hide the empty seats?
...did you like just totally miss the late 90’s? And most of this century? The Stevie Y and Nick Lidstrom eras? Or let’s take it back farther to the Gordie Howe days. Detroit’s legit, slow current time or not.

AND YOU SUCK FOR MAKING ME DEFEND DETROIT :laugh:

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
...did you like just totally miss the late 90’s? And most of this century? The Stevie Y and Nick Lidstrom eras? Or let’s take it back farther to the Gordie Howe days. Detroit’s legit, slow current time or not.

AND YOU SUCK FOR MAKING ME DEFEND DETROIT :laugh:

True colors are showing now that times are tough. Easy to show up to games when your winning. E.g.. Pittsburgh.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The team and the fans are understandably elated now that it seems the past decade of failure has finally come to an end. That is why.

Any other obvious answers I can provide you folks?

Reactions: SvechNecas

Last Gleaming

Jul 21, 2013
Some people on here treat hockey like it's a literal warzone. It is a game.

Professional hockey is a ritualistic form of war. Grown men train year-round, paying attention to minute detail, to gain an edge on, to vanquish, the other, to win the triumph. No one's killing, but no one's letting up on the physicality either. The sport has a stoic and manic aura about it, whether the happy-go-luckies like it or not. Contrived celebrations are worthless detritus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->