Alexei Shkotov (stl)

I dont know much about globke.
Ben Eaves I heard is putting up crazy numbers at Boston College
Shkotov seems to be ripping up the QMJHL

But who do u think they'll be like and are they good prospects? Thanks

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Eaves is a nifty player. He's tiny, but he shows most of the signs you look for in a player to be able to over come a lack of size in the NHL. Quick, shifty, smart, good work ethic, etc. He seems to get banged up though, no major injuries but a handful of minor ones.

Will be in the Penguins system by next season, if not at the end of this season. I would definitely consider him a "good prospect".

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Alexei Shkotov is producing very well, but the problem is in his head. A lot of Remparts fan's said that he has the "big head" and couple of days ago, after he scores a goal, he goes in the corner and no one have felicitated him. He don't speak french and his english is not very good and he apparently don't give a damn about the other players

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
Globke has great physical skills and has good NHL potential. He has size, speed, puck skills, and a nice shot. His main drawback is he doesn't play physical enough, if he used his great size and reach a little more his point totals would go up. Nothing some time in the AHL can't teach him. I'd say his potential is as a 2nd line NHL player.

I've also seen Eaves and agree with most of Jacob said earlier. He's Gretzky-like in that he has nice hockey sense and watching the game, you don't often notice him on the ice. Yet you look at the scoresheet after the game and realize he had 2 points. However, he seems to have major problems staying healthy, and has had a lot of strange injuries. Currently out with a fractured kneecap.

PEli*

Shkotov is a hotdog but is highly skilled. Each time I see him in Halifax or listen to the games on the radio, the announcers are bewildered by his actions on the ice. Every goal is the biggest goal of his career and he has does a bit of taunting when I've seen him. Still, a very skilled player.

CoolburnIsGone

I asked Oilers Chick about all the FL college players and this is specifically what was written about Globke (it was on the 19th that I received this so he's played a few more games):

He is the prototypical Power Forward. This immensely talented and skilled player currently leads the scoring with 24 points (13G, 11A). His career best year last season of 36 points will more than likely be shattered this season. He’s a strong player who has good size (6’3/202) and uses it quite well. He’s difficult to move off the puck and can deliver some punishing checks. He’s also a smart player whose very good at reading plays and seeing the ice. Globke is a rare player in college hockey in that he combines such finesse that’s usually associated with pure goal-scorers with some rough & tumble, in-your-face brand of hockey.

One of Globke’s greatest attributes is his excellent skating. For a man his size, he moves extremely well and is difficult to contain. Furthermore, he has good speed, which has served him very well.

One of the few weaknesses to Globke’s game is that he will occassionally take that unnecessary penalty. He’s a physical player and ranks up the penalty minutes. He currently ranks third on the team with 24.

Whenever I read this I think along the lines of a guy like Jeff O'Neill but to a lesser extent for Globke.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
PEli said:
Shkotov is a hotdog but is highly skilled. Each time I see him in Halifax or listen to the games on the radio, the announcers are bewildered by his actions on the ice. Every goal is the biggest goal of his career and he has does a bit of taunting when I've seen him. Still, a very skilled player.

I agree with this assessment. He has great hands and some amazing moves, but don't mistake him for a player who plays in any kind of a system. He seems to have warmed up to Josh Hennessy though, but Shkotov still likes to think he's god's gift to Quebec City. Moncton may have known what they were doing in keeping Karsums and Zakharov when they traded him earlier this year.

All the same though, very talented.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
RichPanther said:
I asked Oilers Chick about all the FL college players and this is specifically what was written about Globke (it was on the 19th that I received this so he's played a few more games):

I've seen Globke with some regularity and have to disagree with the physical part of his play. Like I said before, if anything, he isn't physical enough. Most of his goals are of the pretty, highlight-reel variety. He doesn't score many crash-the-net garbage goals. Most of the time, the goaltender is simply overwhelmed by his shot quickness and velocity. He also could use his size more in the corners to dig for the puck. He's improved his physical play in the last few years, but still relies on finesse play a little too much. His skill set is outstanding, though. Puckhandling, skating, shot, all pro-caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->