Can our Powerplay help to prevent cheap shots?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
As much as we still need some more size and toughness in the lineup, I'm wondering if our powerplay might help to keep our opponents honest?

Our powerplay was 3rd last year. Add in Yakupov, Schultz and Harti, and all of these players have yet to even reach their prime, I think we will have the best powerplay in the league until this core is broken up.

So that said, as the Oilers become a better team in the standings, and wins against us are crucial for opponents, will their coaches be strict with their players about taking penalties against us?

WeridAl

YuckaFlux
Jan 30, 2012
10ft of Snow
Unless Bettman has changed the rules again, it's still legal to check some into the boards and knock them off their feet. With your butt on the ice or face implanted against the boards you cannot score, can you.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Unless Bettman has changed the rules again, it's still legal to check some into the boards and knock them off their feet. With your butt on the ice or face implanted against the boards you cannot score, can you.

It's not getting checked that Im worried about, its injuries. Clean hits are fine.

The Perfect Human*

A team losing 5-1 in the 3rd isn't going to care about it being 6-1 if it means Taylor Hall gets sent to the hospital.

The Perfect Human*

our powerplay is lethal definitely.

If anything it'll reduce the amount of obstruction and liberties team take with our forwards. They won't take the risk roughing up guys along the boards or holding them as they zip by them if it means the PP is going to come out. Should make for more chances at ES.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad