Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If he keeps playing this physical and keeps doing the better job he appears to be doing in keeping plays alive, I can live with him. 3rd line and 1st unit PP net-front is far better usage of him, in my opinion, than top 6. This will become more pronounced as he gets older so may as well get used to it.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Been solid this year, not 6M good, but still good. Much better than Draisaitl lol
Agreed but more importantly it didn’t take the coaching staff TIL Christmas to realize he belongs on the 3rd line. Strome likes to slow the play down and that lets Lucic play his bulldozer game more effectively. Until Yamo gets comfortable this is also the place for him(competition wise). Against teams like Anaheim, I’d play Kassian or Khaira on RW and let them loose. Please can the new coaches teach TMac to line match more!

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think he is much more suited for the third line. Hes playing well. As others have said, not 6 million dollars well. But at least lately hes helping the team and not hindering the team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So he’s above the cap dump line? He’s been an NHL player but this team needs more than a warm body. Our drafting and development need to vastly improve soon.
Have you missed the last couple drafts since chiarelli has taken over? That’s the only good thing he’s done so far, you don’t just improve that overnight

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Have you missed the last couple drafts since chiarelli has taken over? That’s the only good thing he’s done so far, you don’t just improve that overnight

It's been better than in the past but so far no home runs out of the 4th, 5th,6th.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
T
It's been better than in the past but so far no home runs out of the 4th, 5th,6th.
Kirill?

Usually takes more than a couple years for 4th round picks and later to even have a chance to be in the nhl

Last edited:

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Looch has been looking fast lately, I've had to do a double take multiple times. I think he's going to earn his deal on the backend now that he's trimmed down, boosted his speed and is playing well.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
As far as I'm concerned if Lucic continues to play like this....I don't think his 6 million his that bad.

Every year there will be more and more 6 million dollar players.

Of course that is assuming that we don't see post Xmas Lucic that we saw last year lol.

Reactions: Ladyfan

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
As far as I'm concerned if Lucic continues to play like this....I don't think his 6 million his that bad.

Every year there will be more and more 6 million dollar players.

Of course that is assuming that we don't see post Xmas Lucic that we saw last year lol.

Honestly, would you rather have Looch at 6 sheets or Eberle at 6 sheets right now? Lets pretend they both have the same term....

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Honestly, would you rather have Looch at 6 sheets or Eberle at 6 sheets right now? Lets pretend they both have the same term....

Well they both have 2 pts this year, Eberle has played 1 more game and no goals. The ONLY thing the Ebs brings is points, if he's not doing that he's nothing! He literally brings absolutely nothing else.

I wonder what Eberle would've done last night in that scrum involving McDavid. I guarantee you he wouldn't have done what Strome did....not even hesitating to jump in.

You need to go back and watch Eberle in the playoffs two years ago. 2 pts in 13 games and -6. The whole team busting their balls and Ebs playing like he's made of glass.

IF and its a big IF....Lucic plays like he's playing now, I would take him over Eberle.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Looch has been looking fast lately, I've had to do a double take multiple times. I think he's going to earn his deal on the backend now that he's trimmed down, boosted his speed and is playing well.

Playing ok. I will never think a $200,000 a point player is playing well.

Does anyone really expect more than 30 points from Lucic this year? It's early I know, but that's the pace he is on.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's about what I expected ... more energy/effort but middling results. On pace for 33 points and already booted off the top six.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
He has trimmed himself to be faster and also have more stamina. He can take another gear after being ice +30 seconds. That didn’t happen last year. For me that tells he wants to get back to his normal form but I don’t think he is first line caliber anymore and maybe second PP unit would be his spot. I really like that he is mentally engaged in every game. That will spread to young players and we have less passengers. I also hope he keeps that zero tolerance for cheap shots targeted to our young guns, that is most needed. I just don’t want to see someone running over Connor with late hit or something. If that happens I want to see Lucic going after the guy no matter who he is.

Reactions: ujju2

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's about what I expected ... more energy/effort but middling results. On pace for 33 points and already booted off the top six.
he was not booted off the top six because he played bad. It was more because he wasn't meshing with Draisaitl, and a lot of that is on Draisaitl. As of now, Lucic on the 3rd line feels good because it helps the 3rd line. Last year it would have felt good just because it would have been shuffling him away from our scoring lines.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
He's been better than the hot flaming garbage he was last year still not 6 million dollar a year good or a guy I'd want for 6 million a year for 5 more years.

Hopefully he continues to progress and finds that next level or at least plays well enough to be moved next summer.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Another solid game from Looch.

It's enjoyable watching opposing players throw it away when he bears down on them.

He really has been solid. His presence is really strong in each game. I think he pairs up really well with Strome....they dominated their match ups for the most part by my eye. Points will come.
I hope TMac continues with that pairing.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He really has been solid. His presence is really strong in each game. I think he pairs up really well with Strome....they dominated their match ups for the most part by my eye. Points will come.
I hope TMac continues with that pairing.

I've been impressed with them in that regard. Not creating much offense, but they're regularly going against second lines, shutting them down and out-chancing them.

Lucic's most played forwards at even strength last night were Hornqvist, Kessel, Malkin, Hagelin and Brassard.

Hagelin was the only one who had a positive CF(+1) against him.

Reactions: guymez and ujju2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd still like to see him work on screening the goalies vision a bit more. It shouldn't be too hard since he's a wide body. Beyond that he's bringing energy, physicality and the points should strat coming for him and his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->