Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The best time to get rid of Lucic was 2 years ago

The second best time to get rid of Lucic is tomorrow

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Someone posted a photo in the injury thread and saying its Lucic in a cast. Any truth?

Rishaug acknowledged on the radio this morning that Lucic is in a cast. Apparently this injury is the reason he missed the final game of the year, so it's not new. There's no news yet on the nature of the injury, beyond the fact that he's expected to be ready to start the season.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I’m thinking TB wishes they had Lucic. They have no answer for the physical game Columbus is playing. I’ll bet he has a few 35-40 point seasons left in him. But, he doesn’t know his role in Edmonton. And it’s been pointed out, travel in the east is easier

Honestly look at Toronto too, obviously toughness isn't worth taking on Lucic's deal, but you don't think they're hurting for some right now? The Bruins wiped the floor with them the other night. They can score all the goals they want in the regular season, but that doesn't matter when you get clowned by a little bit of grit, which they have less than zero of.

I remember them laughing off Brown for Kassian, bet they wish they pulled that off now. Skill is not the be all and end all Dubas believes it is.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

It sucks that the media rips on our players, its probably detrimental as a whole. Good for Lucic for making bank, but in all honesty, Lucic has been awful for awhile and with his cap situation, hes dragging this team down. It also seems like he doesnt train effectively. I dont think training mma is going to help him with his puck skills which are sorely lacking for the past couple years.

I just hope that some of these soft teams (who have cap space) who arent getting very far in the playoffs, decide to take Lucic off of our hands for free. I can dream.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly look at Toronto too, obviously toughness isn't worth taking on Lucic's deal, but you don't think they're hurting for some right now? The Bruins wiped the floor with them the other night. They can score all the goals they want in the regular season, but that doesn't matter when you get clowned by a little bit of grit, which they have less than zero of.

I remember them laughing off Brown for Kassian, bet they wish they pulled that off now. Skill is not the be all and end all Dubas believes it is.

Really need a balanced roster. Oilers just have too many players who arent NHL caliber players.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If you think married men with kids quit going out you must live in some sort of bubble.

You're slandering a player with no backup what so ever.

A LOT of married men stop going to pickup joints like clubs and bars when they are 30 and married with kids.

Milan Lucic is not one of them.

space321

May 11, 2011
If you think married men with kids quit going out you must live in some sort of bubble.

You're slandering a player with no backup what so ever.

Kind of like how a lot of fans regurgitate baseless rumors about Taylor Hall and pass them off as facts? Or is that okay because Hall was supposedly "cancer in the locker room and had to be traded"?

There hasn't been any news about Hall's off ice antics, while Lucic literally got into a bar fight in Vancouver. Lol, talk about double standards...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kind of like how a lot of fans regurgitate baseless rumors about Taylor Hall and pass them off as facts? Or is that okay because Hall was supposedly "cancer in the locker room and had to be traded"?

There hasn't been any news about Hall's off ice antics, while Lucic literally got into a bar fight in Vancouver. Lol, talk about double standards...
This has nothing to do with Taylor Hall this is Lucic. You have posters suggesting he was going out to pick up chicks. Disgraceful and embarrassing.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm praying that a team that gets bounced early due to lack of team toughness is willing to take Lucic with 1.5 to 2 million retained which is more in line of what he's worth. Having Lucic is l;ike having an expensive insurance policy on your star players. The other teams have a lot of respect for him and don't want to get him angry or engaged. If he can maintain his physical play and reputation while playing on the 3rd line then he is worth around 4 million.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
A LOT of married men stop going to pickup joints like clubs and bars when they are 30 and married with kids.

Milan Lucic is not one of them.

Essentially the whole Oilers team was out late friday night.

People still out with friends when they are married.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->