Can Kessel be stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Nah that's what made the US tired for tonight. Switzerland losing a nail biter to Canada was their wake up call -- hence why the game was so tough for the US.
Hmmm...the Americans might wanna be careful in the quarter-final.
The Czechs just got their wake up call from the Russians tonight.
:sarcasm:

SaskaSens

Dec 17, 2005
Yep, the Saskatoon Blades might want to rethink their position on Anton Khuodobin...he stunk on the regular season, but damn, he is one damn fine goaltender when he wants to be.

Phanuthier*

Archijerej said:
I wonder how many of his moves will work against NHL defenceman.
That's what I thought after watching today's game.

No doubt, Phil Kessel's an offensive dynamo, but if I had the No 1 pick, I'd rather use the pick then take Kessel. If there's that much of a seperation between Kessel and Towes, I'd trade down to No 2 and pick Towes.

espo*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
Never said, that. I'm just impressed by the few games he's shined in. I'd never seen him before this tournament as I missed last years WJC. No doubt he looks every bit the #1 overall he's been projected.

That all said, this tournament is far from over. Tonight was a wake up call. I'm thinking the US team stomps their remaining opponents now.
i don';t think that team is capable of stomping any team they meet from here on in and certainly not us.You're way off my friend,they are NOT what they were billed going into this tourney at all.Are they still a good team? for sure,are they world beaters who can stomp on the Canada,Russia and Czechs of the world? no way.

They are in tough from here on in.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Never said, that. I'm just impressed by the few games he's shined in. I'd never seen him before this tournament as I missed last years WJC. No doubt he looks every bit the #1 overall he's been projected.

That all said, this tournament is far from over. Tonight was a wake up call. I'm thinking the US team stomps their remaining opponents now.

I think the last 2 games have shown some cracks in the U.S. armour

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Yeah Kessel can't beat 5 people by himself. Ah well, at least he's still the obvious odds on favorite to go #1 overall.

Thats part of the problem, the US never plays like a team, he has so many options but he rather skate to the outside and lose the puck. He has skill, but he's not a smart player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->