Can I have a history of our goal horns/songs?

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
IIRC

no horn/no song
no horn/Paree
train horn/Rock and Roll Part 2
train horn/Kernkraft 400
boat horn/Kernkraft 400

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Aug 9, 2006
I could be completely mis-remembering this, but wasn't there a short time when Blur's "Song 2" was the goal horn? I just seem to remember celebrating a goal with "Wooo Hoo!"

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
They definetely had Song 2 by Blur in the late 90's like 97-99 if I'm not mistaken...they then experimented with Who let the dogs out and Ain't talkin bout Love by Van Halen before going with Zombie Nation permanently in 2001..Zombie Nation with the current horn is the way to go..

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
So where does Brass Bonanza fit into all this??? :laugh:

God I miss the Whale!!

5 dollar parking (and plenty of it), cheap tix with seats always available, brass bonanza, the blimp going around dropping coupons on you. It was a minor league feel with minor league prices, only difference was you would look down at the ice and there was Ron Francis going up against Neely or Mario. (and then unfortunately for whale fans Francis WITH Mario).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
God I miss the Whale!!

5 dollar parking (and plenty of it), cheap tix with seats always available, brass bonanza, the blimp going around dropping coupons on you. It was a minor league feel with minor league prices, only difference was you would look down at the ice and there was Ron Francis going up against Neely or Mario. (and then unfortunately for whale fans Francis WITH Mario).

Ah the good old days. Hanging at the mall and taking in a B's game all in the same trip...:laugh:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
They definetely had Song 2 by Blur in the late 90's like 97-99 if I'm not mistaken...they then experimented with Who let the dogs out and Ain't talkin bout Love by Van Halen before going with Zombie Nation permanently in 2001..Zombie Nation with the current horn is the way to go..
They definitely tried a number of songs after the Gary Glitter scandal broke until they settled on Zombie Nation, but they were still using Rock and Roll Pt 2 until at least the end of 99. I try not to think about 00-01-02 too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->