Can I get more informations about these first rounders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I really like Carl Soderberg and Lukas Kaspar.

Andrej Meszaros. Didn't really impress me at the WJC. But from what I hear that wasn't a telling tale about this player. At the U-20's he showed alot of offensive ability. He has a good transition game. He passes the puck well, but he rather skate it up. He's a good skater, very good all around skater. He has a nice hard slap shot, and a accurate quick wrist shot. Over handles the puck at times. He has a nice set of hands, but he needs to take the easy play at times. Looked very good on the Powerplay. Shows a powerplay QB's mentality. Gets the puck up quickly, and gets things calmed down and starts the play. Defensive work was hard to watch. He needs to add muscle. He was pushed around, the Czechs and Russians had a good time with him it seemed. Once he adds muscle, and coached his defensive zone work, he could be a player. Alot of upside.

Lukas Kaspar. I would love it if he fell to the Sharks at the 28th spot...Probally isn't going to happen. He's a big big guy. He looks very big out there, but he's listed as 6-2 200 pounds. So he's physicaly mature, plus he likes to use his size. Great down low, and has a very strong forecheck, He hustles hard in the offensive zone then seems to loose interest in his own zone. I just think thats coaching though. Awesome wheels, he can move very well, once he gets going he can move well lateraly and really get going, but in close he seems to lack balance. His game is scoring, This guy has one mean shooting arsenal. One of the best snipers in the draft. If theres one thing you need to know about him, is that he has a wicked slap shot. Very accurate and very hard, it's going to give goalies Fits. He also has a very nice snap shot and wrist shot. His defensive awareness issues can be fixed. Overall this is one of my favroite players in the draft and wold love to see the Sharks move up to aquire him, or cross there fingers and if he falls jump on it. He seems to play big when his team needs him most, good at the 5 nations tournament, good at the WJC's.... He'll be a player.

I also saw Soderberg at the 5 Nations, I love Soderbergs size, he's 6-3 204, He has great defensive awareness and shows hustle to help out every shift. He's a monster in front of the net. NHL defensman won't struggle with him as much as players his age do, but it's promising to see a big guy with the instincts of Homlstrom. He is a solid skater, nothing special, but his shooting is, He has sniper like qualities. Wripped a wrist shot top corner with the flick of the wrist, very quick and deadly release. Loves to shoot, He doesn't seem to want to move the puck around much in the offensive zone, rather just shoot. He has a solid set of hands. He is a very good center. Great defensive coverage. I like him, would really benifit from a creative playmaker.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I really like Carl Soderberg and Lukas Kaspar.

Andrej Meszaros. Didn't really impress me at the WJC. But from what I hear that wasn't a telling tale about this player. At the U-20's he showed alot of offensive ability. He has a good transition game. He passes the puck well, but he rather skate it up. He's a good skater, very good all around skater. He has a nice hard slap shot, and a accurate quick wrist shot. Over handles the puck at times. He has a nice set of hands, but he needs to take the easy play at times. Looked very good on the Powerplay. Shows a powerplay QB's mentality. Gets the puck up quickly, and gets things calmed down and starts the play. Defensive work was hard to watch. He needs to add muscle. He was pushed around, the Czechs and Russians had a good time with him it seemed. Once he adds muscle, and coached his defensive zone work, he could be a player. Alot of upside.

Lukas Kaspar. I would love it if he fell to the Sharks at the 28th spot...Probally isn't going to happen. He's a big big guy. He looks very big out there, but he's listed as 6-2 200 pounds. So he's physicaly mature, plus he likes to use his size. Great down low, and has a very strong forecheck, He hustles hard in the offensive zone then seems to loose interest in his own zone. I just think thats coaching though. Awesome wheels, he can move very well, once he gets going he can move well lateraly and really get going, but in close he seems to lack balance. His game is scoring, This guy has one mean shooting arsenal. One of the best snipers in the draft. If theres one thing you need to know about him, is that he has a wicked slap shot. Very accurate and very hard, it's going to give goalies Fits. He also has a very nice snap shot and wrist shot. His defensive awareness issues can be fixed. Overall this is one of my favroite players in the draft and wold love to see the Sharks move up to aquire him, or cross there fingers and if he falls jump on it. He seems to play big when his team needs him most, good at the 5 nations tournament, good at the WJC's.... He'll be a player.

I also saw Soderberg at the 5 Nations, I love Soderbergs size, he's 6-3 204, He has great defensive awareness and shows hustle to help out every shift. He's a monster in front of the net. NHL defensman won't struggle with him as much as players his age do, but it's promising to see a big guy with the instincts of Homlstrom. He is a solid skater, nothing special, but his shooting is, He has sniper like qualities. Wripped a wrist shot top corner with the flick of the wrist, very quick and deadly release. Loves to shoot, He doesn't seem to want to move the puck around much in the offensive zone, rather just shoot. He has a solid set of hands. He is a very good center. Great defensive coverage. I like him, would really benifit from a creative playmaker.

Really, thank you X-SHARKIE. Way to go!

Also, is it fair to compare Fransson to Andrei Markov?

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Fransson compares with to Andrei Markov.

euh??? Fransson is said to be weak. Also, he's said to have a so-so defensive game. But Markov is really strong along the boards and plays very well defensively. I hope that you're kidding.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->