Can Goodenow Tonite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
Players - "You have the Power" do it for the good of the game! heck Do it for us , the fans who really write your checks that you hav'nt seen for awhile. if he was looking out for your best interests there would be a deal, you would be playing, and our butts would be in the seats, but he is committed to a pizzing contest with bettman and guess what the league still dies. how much money do you have to lose before you see the light?

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
snakepliskin said:
Players - "You have the Power" do it for the good of the game! heck Do it for us , the fans who really write your checks that you hav'nt seen for awhile. if he was looking out for your best interests there would be a deal, you would be playing, and our butts would be in the seats, but he is committed to a pizzing contest with bettman and guess what the league still dies. how much money do you have to lose before you see the light?

I'm no fan of Goodenow and I have questions about the quality of the advice he's giving his constituents. However, he ultimately works for the players. If he's saying "We won't accept a cap, never, ever" then he's saying it because that's what the players want him to say.
The same goes for Gary Bettman. He's serving his constituents' will.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
i do not think goodenow is speaking for the majority of players but for the players with the majority of money

i second that. (or would that be a third? :dunno: )

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
snakepliskin said:
i do not think goodenow is speaking for the majority of players but for the players with the majority of money

Well, then that majority needs to stand up and say so. If not, they deserve whatever they get.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
snakepliskin said:
you obviously haven't seen what the owner's are offering - you guys are freaking turncoats -

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
you obviously haven't seen what the owner's are offering - you guys are freaking turncoats

What a stupid comment. i wish you guys lost Naslund and Bertuzzi to a team that gave them a 16 mil deal. You'd be singing a different song buddy.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
snakepliskin said:

Exactly !!! Do you think this clown gives two cents about the the 3rd and 4th line players in the union??? He's a bonehead and that former NBA players union boss took him to school tonight on the FAN590 out of Toronto. It was OUTSTANDING !!!

SPARTAKUS*

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Ive seen what the owners are offering, its called Crap with a capital "C"
It might be crap with a capital "C" but it's as good as its going to get for the players.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
snakepliskin said:
Not even that. Goodenow just has too much pride to lose to the owners.
I betcha most high paid players wouldn't mind making just a little less money.
I mean at least it's way better than what their making now.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
i do not consider the potential earnings available to an nhl hockey player "crap". but they are losing "cake" everyday this conflict goes on-

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
Exactly !!! Do you think this clown gives two cents about the the 3rd and 4th line players in the union??? He's a bonehead and that former NBA players union boss took him to school tonight on the FAN590 out of Toronto. It was OUTSTANDING !!!

Former NBA players union boss? What happened to him couldnt hang onto his job like Goodenow can?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Ive seen what the owners are offering, its called Crap with a capital "C"

If you think a league that loses money wants to control costs and bring the average salary to 1.3 million is a crap deal than you are very far removed from reality. The sport has been dying for years. They are losing the fans that they have, they arent gaining new fans. Something's gotta give.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You can control costs without a Hard Cap. The high UFA age plus the Hard cap= crap. Not to mention the NHL refusing to revenue share their regular seasons revenues and playoff revenues only. If you want an NFL style system like everyone is talking about you have to revenue share like the NFL does and the NHL doesnt come close so far. Also you have to lower the UFA age somewhere between 24-26 like the NFL has. Sorry but you cant have it both ways and thats where are in February with no hockey.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I'd lose a lot of respect for Goodenow if he caved in. Their is a train wreck waiting to happen and I want to see this go into the court system and the owners attempting to bring in replacement players. It would be pure entertainment and a soap opera to boot. We'll definately have a dead period for a few months but the fireworks will begin in the fall.

SENSible1*

ScottyBowman said:
I'd lose a lot of respect for Goodenow if he caved in. Their is a train wreck waiting to happen and I want to see this go into the court system and the owners attempting to bring in replacement players. It would be pure entertainment and a soap opera to boot. We'll definately have a dead period for a few months but the fireworks will begin in the fall.

I'm not sure the dead period will be too long.

I'm betting the owners will move along fairly quickly with the plan they have in place. They'll want to have as much decided by next fall as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad