Can Dermott play forward?

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Our defense seems to be set and there's no room for Dermott. I like Dermott as a player though. Can he transition to playing forward, say on the 4th line? Has this happened before?

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Will propositions like this ever stop??

"lets see Kaberle playing forward"
"lets see White playing upfront" that happened and it was a failure, lasted 5 games and he went back to D
"lets see Gardiner on the wing"

stop, just stop .....

Dermott is the worst D on this team, the sooner Seattle claims him the better!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think we should put him at net.
Oh wait...this isnt the dumb dumb forum?

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
I wonder where seems to be set? What if Reilly will get traded, Holl will get picked up by Seattle?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If there is no room for Dermott we will trade him somewhere where he can make a career for himself. Or Seattle if they want him.

Why is there no room for Dermott?

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Bogosian

If Dermott were still on his ELC then it's fine to yoyo him around like we're doing with Liljegren, but he's at the point where he's taking RFA deals and is looking to make more than 1m a season. Remember that there's a human being who's looking to have a long NHL career and being the #7 on the Toronto Maple Leafs for league minimum is probably not what he's looking to do right now. He's not cracking that top4, he doesn't bring the physical snarl that we want from our #6, doesn't have the upside of Sandin, and is no longer cheaper than Liljegren. He's 24 years old and has 200 NHL games under his belt, there's no room for him because we've got a set top4 and he's going to price himself out of town.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Our defense seems to be set and there's no room for Dermott. I like Dermott as a player though. Can he transition to playing forward, say on the 4th line? Has this happened before?

If you liked Dermott you would not propose such a thing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If there is no room for Dermott we will trade him somewhere where he can make a career for himself. Or Seattle if they want him.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Bogosian

If Dermott were still on his ELC then it's fine to yoyo him around like we're doing with Liljegren, but he's at the point where he's taking RFA deals and is looking to make more than 1m a season. Remember that there's a human being who's looking to have a long NHL career and being the #7 on the Toronto Maple Leafs for league minimum is probably not what he's looking to do right now. He's not cracking that top4, he doesn't bring the physical snarl that we want from our #6, doesn't have the upside of Sandin, and is no longer cheaper than Liljegren. He's 24 years old and has 200 NHL games under his belt, there's no room for him because we've got a set top4 and he's going to price himself out of town.
I’d place him ahead of Holl and Sandin currently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad