Can Czech Republic beat Russia?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
when new agreement among KHL and RHF was signed (for next 3 seasons), in article can be seen two projects for developing players:

1. Hockey Academy
2. Training and methodic center (or something like that) - научно-методический центр

What are these things? Only PR of KHL?

member 30781

Too harsh IMO. Russia was not bad at all against Sweden. And it is not really the players' fault that the defense after Orlov and Zaitsev is talentless and atrocious. Blame the coaches and Medvedev (who runs Russian hockey).

It isn't harsh at all. Russia's teams have never known how to play well together for some time now. This year is no exception. Russia did a lot worse against Sweden than it did against Canada. Believe me, I was at both games.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
To summarize it shortly:

Medvedev is not a nationalist, he is an internationalist.

KHL is his little pet project. He wants to make the KHL to include the whole Europe and is willing to waste Russian money for his little dream to come true.

He doesn't care or understand that this will do nothing but hurt Russian hockey.

The KHL must stay inside FSU (Former Soviet Union) borders and no Russian money should be wasted on non-profitable "projects" outside of FSU.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I believe they can

Yeah, I commented in the GDT that I really thought that the Czechs were in danger of relegation. They've showed no discipline, terrible goaltending, and had shown no mental toughness (allowing quick goals, etc). They showed some of that in fighting back to 3:5 after being down 1:5.

I still think that they'll have tough games against Germany and the Slovaks. Norway will finish 10th, and I think all 3 of the teams battling to avoid 9th could finish there.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Yeah, I commented in the GDT that I really thought that the Czechs were in danger of relegation. They've showed no discipline, terrible goaltending, and had shown no mental toughness (allowing quick goals, etc). They showed some of that in fighting back to 3:5 after being down 1:5.

I still think that they'll have tough games against Germany and the Slovaks. Norway will finish 10th, and I think all 3 of the teams battling to avoid 9th could finish there.

Czechs are in danger of relegation. They always have trouble to play Germany. Without Mrazek, goaltending is poor as expected(I don´t like Mazanec and Novotny at all), d-zone coverage is atrocious as well as PK.

pouskin74*

To summarize it shortly:

Medvedev is not a nationalist, he is an internationalist.

KHL is his little pet project. He wants to make the KHL to include the whole Europe and is willing to waste Russian money for his little dream to come true.

He doesn't care or understand that this will do nothing but hurt Russian hockey.

The KHL must stay inside FSU (Former Soviet Union) borders and no Russian money should be wasted on non-profitable "projects" outside of FSU.

i would like to sign in here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->