Can/Cze on US TV...??? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wensink

Feb 27, 2002
NY
Visit site
According to the Olympic TV schedule, it will be on MSNBC at 10:30.

However, the Finland/Germany game is also on MSNBC at 9:30, so they may split coverage or join for the 2nd & 3rd period.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Yureeka47 said:
Doesnt it start at 10:30 EST?

yes, but they're showing the Finland game, and have made no mention of the Canada game, plus it's not listed in the listings on digital cable or on NBC, while all the other 3 games (featuring non-qualifiers) are...

maybe they'll switch over at 10:30, but there's been no indication of it....

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
wensink said:
According to the Olympic TV schedule, it will be on MSNBC at 10:30.

However, the Finland/Germany game is also on MSNBC at 9:30, so they may split coverage or join for the 2nd & 3rd period.

ok, thanks.

that's what I suspected/hoped...
gotta say,not too impressed with NBC's coverage (although the HD is awesome)....
BOTH of the Finland goals vs Canada were scored while they were away for commercial. How annoying is that?

wensink

Feb 27, 2002
NY
Visit site
NYVanfan said:
ok, thanks.

gotta say,not too impressed with NBC's coverage (although the HD is awesome)....
BOTH of the Finland goals vs Canada were scored while they were away for commercial. How annoying is that?

No problem...I really think if theFinland/Germany game gets out of hand, they may go earlier.

Yeah...I know what you're saying about NBC. It's not perfect but they are doing a lot better than I originally anticipated. They are using the best available announcers (the 'real' best are in Canada...but that's not NBC's fault). I am really happy that they are trying to show every game (including women's hockey).

Regarding commercials...considering there aren't any TV timeouts, it's a crap shoot for when they break. The refs can drop the puck immediately and catch the network off the air. So if a team scores off the draw, the viewer is pretty much screwed.

X0ssbar

NYVanfan said:
ok, thanks.

Olympic hockey doesn't take TV timeouts and they have to take commercial breaks sometimes to pay the bills.

Not sure how you can complain at all about NBC's coverage. They have shown just about all the games and the US games they show without commercial interuptions during play. Plus they've all been in HD.

I've loved every second of their coverage.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
NYVanfan said:
yes, but they're showing the Finland game, and have made no mention of the Canada game, plus it's not listed in the listings on digital cable or on NBC, while all the other 3 games (featuring non-qualifiers) are...

maybe they'll switch over at 10:30, but there's been no indication of it....

They always switch over to the second game. and then they re show the 2nd and 3rd period of the 1st game.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
My TiVo guide shows hockey on MSNBC from 5 AM EST thorugh 4:30 PM EST. Kazakhstan vs. Latvia, Italy vs. Switzerland, Finland vs. Germany, Canada vs. Czech Republic and Slovakia vs. Sweden are all listed. I would imagine the Canada vs. Czech Republic game will be joined at the drop of the puck in the first period. We shall see in 15 minutes.

The USA vs. Russia game, one day short of the 26th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice, will be shown on the USA Network.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

And of course they did show it -- and yes, I agree, NBC has done a pretty good job. The commercials are unavoidable.

Just wish NBC would post the exact start times on their site w TV listings, but found them on TSN.ca.

A shaky win for Canada ...hopefully they get some momentum rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad