Can anyone tell me if the CSS preliminary rankings are up yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

They come out today but haven't been posted yet (just checked)

And no you cannot get a link, login, etc...its against the board rules to do so with CSB. I'm sure this thread will be closed like the previous one.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
This was the reason I got up this morning (oh, and work) - they sure are taking their' time :madfire:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
RichPanther said:
They come out today but haven't been posted yet (just checked)

And no you cannot get a link, login, etc...its against the board rules to do so with CSB. I'm sure this thread will be closed like the previous one.

I know we can't get a direct link but a link through say "slam sports" or somthing is what I meant.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
They indeed are and the OHL list is among the worst I've ever seen (as is the usual case for the CSB Prelim rankings)

But this one is special, I can actually say this is one of the worst lists I've ever seen in the time that Ive followed junior hockey.

I don't even know where to begin, perhaps with Chris Lawrence at number 3. A 6'4 guy who plays like he's 5'7. Now, no one has ever disputed the fact that Lawrence has skills, but he just doesn't use them. He's got only 3 goals so far this year. I see absolutely zero logic for him to be at number 3.

Then O Marra at number 8, despite the fact that he's the top ranked or at least second ranked OHL player in every other publication's list, and in the top 10 or just outside it in most of them as well. IMO he's the top ranked OHL player from this crop at this point in the season, and most seem to agree. He's essentially what Lawrence should be, but isn't.

Then the omission of Phil Oreskovich and Ryan Wilson, two of the better defenders the OHL has to offer this year.

And really oddly skewed rankings all over the board.

It's really just a mess.

That's just the OHL list though, I can't comment on any of the others cause I really don't know enough about them at this point.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Brock said:
They indeed are and the OHL list is among the worst I've ever seen (as is the usual case for the CSB Prelim rankings)

Are these not the Central Scouting Service rankings that list North American's and European prospects on two seperate list's? You are confusing me about this "OHL list" talk.

I still can't find a link as I can't access the CSS web site directly. Can anyone help?

leafaholix*

Surprises...

- Marc Staal at 7 and Ryan O'Marra at 8
- Latendresse at 10 for QMJHL
- Anikeenko at 12 for Russia

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
Are these not the Central Scouting Service rankings that list North American's and European prospects on two seperate list's? You are confusing me about this "OHL list" talk.
No, they aren't. The Mid-Term rankings are the ones that are North America and Europe.

The prelims are separated by league (NA) and country (Euro). So there are separate rankings for the OHL, QMJHL, WHL, NCAA, and USHL for North America, and Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, and Switzerland for Europe.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brock said:

But this one is special, I can actually say this is one of the worst lists I've ever seen in the time that Ive followed junior hockey.

I don't even know where to begin, perhaps with Chris Lawrence at number 3. A 6'4 guy who plays like he's 5'7. Now, no one has ever disputed the fact that Lawrence has skills, but he just doesn't use them. He's got only 3 goals so far this year. I see absolutely zero logic for him to be at number 3.

Then O Marra at number 8, despite the fact that he's the top ranked or at least second ranked OHL player in every other publication's list, and in the top 10 or just outside it in most of them as well. IMO he's the top ranked OHL player from this crop at this point in the season, and most seem to agree. He's essentially what Lawrence should be, but isn't.

Then the omission of Phil Oreskovich and Ryan Wilson, two of the better defenders the OHL has to offer this year.

And really oddly skewed rankings all over the board.

It's really just a mess.

That's just the OHL list though, I can't comment on any of the others cause I really don't know enough about them at this point.

WHL is just as bad. Aside from Brule at #1, it looks like they drew names from a barrel to see who'd they'd rank where. Guys who are healthy scratches some nights are ahead of marquee guys who play on their squad's top defensive pairing. QMJHL looks much the same too.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
This list is more public than I remember it being, TSN has the entire preliminary rankings for the CHL and NCAA.

North American Ratings

Lawrence at third in the 'O' is a big surprise. His shot is weak and when you think of smooth, Lawrence is at the opposite end of the spectrum. He's a big raw prospect with decent upside, but I wouldn't call him an upper echelon prospect for this years draft.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded the NCAA listings. While I agree with Dan Betram (among the skaters) and Joe Fallon (among the goaltenders) being ranked #1, IMO they've got a couple of players are ranked too low, namely Tom Fritsche at #17, Jonathan Matsumoto at #11 and Peter MacArthur at #16. Thus far this season, these three have been playing exceptionally well. Fritsche is just tearing things up at OSU right now.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
Unless I missed it, CSB didn't include listings for the USNTDP nor the NAHL nor the EJHL.

They were listed previously in the "players to watch" section, seperated by 'A' and 'B' players just like the USHL and USHS list.

Looks like Stastny and Jeff Caron took a hit by not opting in.

Also interesting to note that Bertram and Fritsche are the only players on the whole NCAA list that were NOT eligible last year, so you won't see many opt outs on the NCAA level like last year, whether they change the rule again or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad