Can anyone help me out with some Junior A players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
I know that most of the discussion on this board revolves around projecting prospect's pro potential, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a scouting report on some of the guys singed to play for Cornell next year?

This list is from http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit06.htm

Player (Pos) Current Team Ht/Wt

Joe Scali-LC Alberni Valley (BCHL) 6' 183
Blake Gallagher-RW Notre Dame (SJHL) 5'8 165
Brendon Nash-LD Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6'3 195
Tony Romano-RC Suffolk PAL (AtlanticJHL) 5'10 165
Justin Milo-RW Indiana (USHL) 5'6 176
Colin Greening-LW Nanaimo (BCHL) 6'2 186

I know Gallagher has gotten some attention from pro scouts.

Any information you might have would be apreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
Joe Scali is one of the hardest working players I have ever seen, whether he is up 10-0 or down 10-0. He has great speed and creates scoring chances by driving to the net. He is very coachable and he is good in the dressing room.

Brendon Nash is a solid defensive defenseman who has a fair outlet pass, but it could use some work. He is relatively quiet in the dressing room but, like Scali, does his job on the ice.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
xander said:
I know that most of the discussion on this board revolves around projecting prospect's pro potential, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a scouting report on some of the guys singed to play for Cornell next year?

I know Gallagher has gotten some attention from pro scouts.

Any information you might have would be apreciated, thanks in advance.
I've had a couple chances to watch Gallagher this year. He first gained prominence when he led the Halifax Metro League (Crosby's old stomping grounds) in scoring. He signed with Cornell prior to the start of the SJHL season and got off to a big start in Notre Dame, but has cooled off. He's small, but he scored as a 16-year-old (in a league that favours 19 and 20-year-olds more than any other league). He has since turned 17. He's a highly-skilled goal scorer whose only drawback is his size. He has excelled on Notre Dame's Olympic-sized ice surface, which speaks volumes about his skating.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
xander said:
Oh, forgot to add, Greening was drafted by the Ottawa Senators. I have seen quite a few of his games but to tell the truth...I don't really notice him enough to give you a good basic scouting report. Obviously the Senators saw something, though.

Transported Upstater

God Bless Canada said:
I've had a couple chances to watch Gallagher this year. He first gained prominence when he led the Halifax Metro League (Crosby's old stomping grounds) in scoring. He signed with Cornell prior to the start of the SJHL season and got off to a big start in Notre Dame, but has cooled off. He's small, but he scored as a 16-year-old (in a league that favours 19 and 20-year-olds more than any other league). He has since turned 17. He's a highly-skilled goal scorer whose only drawback is his size. He has excelled on Notre Dame's Olympic-sized ice surface, which speaks volumes about his skating.

However, Cornell is a grinding team who relies on size and physical play.

But if he can backcheck, Schaefer WILL play him.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
they are, but if youlook at this years recruiting class it constitutes a pretty major change in philosophy. There are few 'Schafer Trees' in this year's class, and it looks like smaller and faster might be the wave of the future.

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
xander said:

Of the group, I only know Romano. He has very quick hands. Good skater. Very quick first step. Very good hockey sense. Tough to defend against in the Atlantic JHL. The real knock on him is his size. Small, even at that level. Probably a solid college player (Cornell) in a couple years. Even in the new NHL I highly doubt he could be effective. Good little player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad