Can AM win the Rocket with his hot start..

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Because there's nothing fun about a player who's overly talked about and gets credit for things he never accomplished

When Matthews is ranked top 5 centre going into his 2nd season... of course people from other fan bases aren't gonna be too ecstatic. The media and Toronto fans have been disrespecting other top players who have actually scored over 69 points or finished top 10 in scoring
Right, hasn’t reached 70 points, heard that before. I wonder why he hasn’t?

What has he gotten credit for that he hasn’t accomplished? I listed facts that he has accomplished and gave him credit for those facts. Facts that happened to be extremely impressive.

Hockey fans posting about their favorite hockey player/team on a hockey forum. WHAT A JOKE THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT, DO NOT DISCUSS THE LEAFS ANYMORE!

Why are there threads about Matthews the last few days? Because he is the best player on the most popular team, came back from injury a few days ago and has looked incredible since. It also adds to the terrific start he has had this season. More goals than games played, most PPG in the league, etc.

If you disagree that’s he’s a superstar or whatever you disagree with, provide some feedback or move along. Clearly you’re intrigued or you wouldn’t have clicked on the thread.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
What I want to know is ?

How in the world do you have 15 goals in 14 games played and be ±3

Because he has been missing his good buddy Willy.
Not to worry though Willy is back on his right side tonight and we should see his 5 on 5 game improve back to where it has been historically.
It's nice that Matthews is getting this bump as he had begun to stagnate at his current pace.
:laugh:

member 157595

Ah yes, the ol' "I wasn't serious guys, boy are you dumb for thinking I was" backpedal, a classic used by the spineless of the world.

For one, I'm a Leafs fan and a huge fan of Auston Matthews.

For two, it could hardly have been more obvious in my post that from the beginning I wasn't being serious. How could anyone possibly think I was being serious? Like, really?

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
For one, I'm a Leafs fan and a huge fan of Auston Matthews.

For two, it could hardly have been more obvious in my post that from the beginning I wasn't being serious. How could anyone possibly think I was being serious? Like, really?
Because its a garbage comment from somebody hiding behind their computer screen. If its something you wouldn't say to his face, or post with your actual identity/name, then maybe you shouldn't post it.

member 157595

Because its a garbage comment from somebody hiding behind their computer screen. If its something you wouldn't say to his face, or post with your actual identity/name, then maybe you shouldn't post it.

But how else can I notify others about Teuvo Teravainen's ability to handle the winds of change?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Winning a Rocket while missing a chunk of the season would be pretty incredible. Not impossible, but with it looking like an act of god will be needed to stop Ovi from going 50+ again, it would be tough to bet on. Wouldn't shock me to see him somewhere in the conversation in February. But also wouldn't shock me for him to go scoreless in his next 7 and fall completely out of the discussion.

The fact that it's even a question shows how great the start of the season was for AM though. Can't deny him that.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Right, hasn’t reached 70 points, heard that before. I wonder why he hasn’t?

What has he gotten credit for that he hasn’t accomplished? I listed facts that he has accomplished and gave him credit for those facts. Facts that happened to be extremely impressive.

Hockey fans posting about their favorite hockey player/team on a hockey forum. WHAT A JOKE THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT, DO NOT DISCUSS THE LEAFS ANYMORE!

Why are there threads about Matthews the last few days? Because he is the best player on the most popular team, came back from injury a few days ago and has looked incredible since. It also adds to the terrific start he has had this season. More goals than games played, most PPG in the league, etc.

If you disagree that’s he’s a superstar or whatever you disagree with, provide some feedback or move along. Clearly you’re intrigued or you wouldn’t have clicked on the thread.

So because matthews is doing good this season that means he was as good last year and the year before too?

Great logic

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
So because matthews is doing good this season that means he was as good last year and the year before too?

Great logic
Hmmm, not sure where this was said. I think he has been pretty good since he came into the league though.

I gave him credit for the below accomplishments which I thought were pretty cool and impressive.

Highest GPG since he came into the league.
Highest GPG the last 2 years.
Highest GPG this year.
Highest PPG this year.

15 goals in 14 games this year. PPG of 1.64.

Would be slightly different after last nights game but point still stands.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Hmmm, not sure where this was said. I think he has been pretty good since he came into the league though.

I gave him credit for the below accomplishments which I thought were pretty cool and impressive.

Highest GPG since he came into the league.
Highest GPG the last 2 years.
Highest GPG this year.
Highest PPG this year.

15 goals in 14 games this year. PPG of 1.64.

Would be slightly different after last nights game but point still stands.

The whole of the post is that yeah it's pretty annoying talking about matthews considering he's been ranked top 5 centre since his 69 points season
So of course fans of other teams are going to be annoyed

I'm sure this goes for other fan bases
But when you have a player like Scheifele on your team who has been better the past 2 seasons get ranked below a centre who score less based of profile is dishonest

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The whole of the post is that yeah it's pretty annoying talking about matthews considering he's been ranked top 5 centre since his 69 points season
So of course fans of other teams are going to be annoyed

I'm sure this goes for other fan bases
But when you have a player like Scheifele on your team who has been better the past 2 seasons get ranked below a centre who score less based of profile is dishonest
Not sure where you’re getting the top 5 centre thing from but I would say they were probably right in that ranking or not far off at minimum. The rankings are made to predict for the next season, I would say Matthews was a Top 5-6 centre last season and definitely Top 5 this season.

He has been better than Schiefele since his 69 point season I don’t see much debate in that. Matthews had the better season last year and is looking better so far this year as well.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I think he can do it as long as he stays healthy the rest of the year...the guy has an incredible shot, a treat to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad