Can AM win the Rocket with his hot start..

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
IgXu5Sb.png

Situation in Rocket race now as of Dec. 6th 2018. Between Mathews and Rocket race Top 5 leaders are 7 other guys, but none of them have better scoring pace than AM. Some of guys have double amount (200%) games played, but still Auston is only some 30% behind them in scoring race. Whole Top 5 is within 3GP more or less played. Diagonal line is GPG rate.
welcome to sample size, AM has never produced at this rate but a handful of games this season. He has simply had a hot start, and your graph and logic simply ignores that.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
welcome to sample size, AM has never produced at this rate but a handful of games this season. He has simply had a hot start, and your graph and logic simply ignores that.

I have not ignored that, nor his unsustainable high Shooting%. Don't worry. If anything I've been "brake-man" in this thread, still considering Auston's performances incredible. Guy just break his shoulder, takes a break, and comes back continuing his interrupted business. Just like that. Gotta show some respect. Those goals are actually scored, it is not conjectural. It's evident that over GPG pace has been actually possible for injured Auston this season. No way he ride over whole season with this kind production, but it doesn't diminish the value of already happened things.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Hard to believe that as arguably the best goal scorer in the NHL today, he's only had 1 hat trick, and that came in game 1 of his career.
Well expect another one now that he gets to play Detroit. Matthews has always been hot against Detroit and Detroit is extra bad this season.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Anyone who wants to make fun of the way people look should be required to post a photo of their own face first.
Lol Matthews wouldn’t even look at that posters girlfriend, or any woman he has ever been romantically involved with...... and can buy his whole family tree...

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
If you think 1.64 ppg is amazing, you should hear about this Rantanen guy. He's at 1.64 and has played twice as many games. MacKinnon and Kucherov are also a couple guys you should look at. It will blow your mind.
Not really sure what your point is here. I’m from Halifax buddy, MacKinnon has been a favorite player of mine for a long time. Because they are having great seasons means Matthews is not? How does this work?

Matthews is having a wicked season so far and has been an elite goal scorer since he came into the league, crazy people can’t admit that and just try and downplay him no matter what.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I can deal with all the Leafs threads because I think it would be cooler than cool to see the Leafs win and all the festivities, but I draw the line at AM.

Are there more than one Mathews who could win the Rocket? Another Auston? No. Just refer to him by one of those.

AM puts me to sleep.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
If you think 1.64 ppg is amazing, you should hear about this Rantanen guy. He's at 1.64 and has played twice as many games. MacKinnon and Kucherov are also a couple guys you should look at. It will blow your mind.

All those players are awesome as well. Don’t be so insecure

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
or will he fizzle out? If he stays healthy I say yes especially shooting 30%

You expect him to keep shooting at 30 percent all year?

But 18 percent for Laine is not sustainable?

Classic hf

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013

Your reply doesn’t take into consideration that a young player will improve which he has. He is also getting more ice time than last year

Those two factors alone make a big difference in his previous seasons.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Not really sure what your point is here. I’m from Halifax buddy, MacKinnon has been a favorite player of mine for a long time. Because they are having great seasons means Matthews is not? How does this work?

Matthews is having a wicked season so far and has been an elite goal scorer since he came into the league, crazy people can’t admit that and just try and downplay him no matter what.

Because there's nothing fun about a player who's overly talked about and gets credit for things he never accomplished

When Matthews is ranked top 5 centre going into his 2nd season... of course people from other fan bases aren't gonna be too ecstatic. The media and Toronto fans have been disrespecting other top players who have actually scored over 69 points or finished top 10 in scoring

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
It's his mom guys, holy cow.

They've showed her countless times on TV. Countless. Literally, I've lost count. Like... they've shown her so many times on TV I can't even fathom as guess as to how many. It's an absurd number. Really difficult to gauge how many times. A lot is an understatement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->