Can a Kazan fan please update me on how Burmistrov is playing?

robbza

Oct 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Hey i am a Winnipeg Jets fan and although i try to watch as much KHL as i can ( i'm English so it is in a convenient time frame) i haven't been able to see how my beloved Burmi is playing, i have seen he has pretty good stats however.

Much obliged :)

Hilly1

Ak Bars Fanatic
Aug 23, 2013
Right now he is looking like Kazan's bezt forward right now, Every time he touches the ice its basically a point just because his hands and play making ability has been outstanding.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hey i am a Winnipeg Jets fan and although i try to watch as much KHL as i can ( i'm English so it is in a convenient time frame) i haven't been able to see how my beloved Burmi is playing, i have seen he has pretty good stats however.

Much obliged :)

Leads the team in scoring for a reason. Effective defensively, physical. Thinking of the fact that their whole line are newcomers to the team and they are still adjusting it's very impressive to see what they all do on the ice.

Basically Burmistrov plays up to his potential. Something he was denied in Winnipeg by being forced into some roles that are just wrong for him. He is at his best when he gets ice time, PP time, has a chance to drive the offence instead of grinding.

If he continues on that pace our management would be mad not to make him an offer he can't refuse. Will be tough decision for Burmi. I know he'd like to give the NHL an another try, but he also knows the treatment he gets in his hometown is unique. What a russian player has to go through in NA he also knows by now first hand.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I always thought he had an offensive skill, does he still play a good two way game?

Yes, of course. Those traits don't disappear in a day. In fact we lead the league with fewest goals allowed per game(1.52!) by a mile. The whole team is playing good defensively, but Burmistrov is definitely a part of the equation.

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
he was rushed and never really got a chance in Atlanta/Winnipeg, hopefully he comes back to the NHL and gets a top line shot in a few years

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
He was one of my favorite players to watch in Winnipeg. I don't wanna dwell on the negatives though. I'm really glad for him. his team. and the KHL that he's doing well. Its really great to here. Go get 'em Burmi !

Ps. Does he have any nick name? We called him Burmi but maybe the locals there had mote flair for coming up with something better? haha

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ps. Does he have any nick name? We called him Burmi but maybe the locals there had mote flair for coming up with something better? haha

Russians basically have short versions for every traditional name so they are really boring in nick name department. He's probably simply Sasha there as well as any other Alexander.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
I've seen "Burmi" and "Bury" (Russian for "?russet/coffee? brown").

Russian nicknames are usually based off of players' last names. Only foreigners are likely to get called by their first names. Sometimes nicknames may also root in a player's attitude and a style of play (see "Radulov the Dog", "Lassila the Vacuum Cleaner"), but those sound kinda offensive.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Russians basically have short versions for every traditional name so they are really boring in nick name department. He's probably simply Sasha there as well as any other Alexander.

Because nicknames are for dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad