Can a dry cleaner remove color bleeding stains from a white hockey jersey?

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
I have a nice hockey jersey that has some color bleeding stains on it and parts of the jersey are a little yellowish and dingy. It's a white jersey (Rangers jersey). Can a dry cleaner make the white parts white again and remove the color bleeding and dingy areas? Do they know how to clean hockey jerseys? Thanks.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I have a nice hockey jersey that has some color bleeding stains on it and parts of the jersey are a little yellowish and dingy. It's a white jersey (Rangers jersey). Can a dry cleaner make the white parts white again and remove the color bleeding and dingy areas? Do they know how to clean hockey jerseys? Thanks.
It's not a game worn NHL jersey, is it?

Reactions: Troubadour

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
It's not a game worn NHL jersey, is it?

Too precious.

I don't know if this would work on dried blood stains. You would probably have to soak the jersey in water. Anyway, and this works for plenty of stains, sprinkle some potato starch on the stain. It will soak the blood and literally pull it out of the fabric. Then just put the bloody starch away and repeat until all blood is gone.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Too precious.

I don't know if this would work on dried blood stains. You would probably have to soak the jersey in water. Anyway, and this works for plenty of stains, sprinkle some potato starch on the stain. It will soak the blood and literally pull it out of the fabric. Then just put the bloody starch away and repeat until all blood is gone.

If I didn't have potato starch, could I hypothetically slice a raw potato in half and rub the jersey with it?

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
If I didn't have potato starch, could I hypothetically slice a raw potato in half and rub the jersey with it?

Haha, nah, that won't do. You really need it in form of powder. Remember, it does not clean the blood. It will soak it out of the fabric. Raw (or cooked) potato will not do that for you. If you really like the complicated ways of achieving things though, you can separate your own potato starch at home:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Clorox 2/Woolite have been miracle workers for stains/color bleeding on my jerseys. Either throw it in with the main wash, or apply it to select parts before throwing it in the washer.

Cold rinse. Inside out. Gentle/"hand wash" cycle. Hang dry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad