Campoli vs Tyutin

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
From my point of view (Montreal), on concidering only lectures, it seems Campoli is promised to a good future offensively.... more than 40 points at his age is not something you see oftenly. However, I remember that the NYR were playing with 5 forwards on their PP a lot of times, so I guess Tyutin didn't had Campoli's ice time. Therefore, I will say both will be good D-men, but Campoli might get a bit more points considering his past seasons in the AHL/NHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Campoli by a mile!?

He's MAYBE a bit better offensively, but Tyutin's defense blows his away.

Tyutin easily. He's more complete. A bit streaky, definately, but he's also extremely young.

Transported Upstater

STRICTLY points-wise? Campoli by a mile.

Who do I want on my team? Tyutin by two miles.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
However, I remember that the NYR were playing with 5 forwards on their PP a lot of times, so I guess Tyutin didn't had Campoli's ice time.

Eh, it's not that they played 5 forwards, but that most of the time they'd play Malik and Rozsival with Jagr's line just because they all worked together pretty well as a 5 man unit. They also experimented with forwards on the point as well, but yeah...Tyutin didn't get a ton of time. When he got time, he generally did alright.

Campoli will probably put up more points, but I don't think it's out of line to say that Tyutin could put up more points if he really applied himself and played up to his talent.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Campoli by a mile!?

Tyutin easily. He's more complete. A bit streaky, definately, but he's also extremely young.

But the question was who has more upside points-wise, not better overall.

Last year at this time, I would have take Tyutin, and then mocked anyone who said otherwise relentlessly. But then Campoli went and put up a respectable 34 (not more than 40, like someone else said, unless TSN is wrong) points as a rookie, which makes this much more difficult. I think I would still take Tyutin, just based on his upside, but if Campoli can improve on his rookie year this year, that would change everything. Basically, I need Campoli to prove he can keep it up long-term, rather than being a one-year wonder.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Campoli by a mile!?

JP, I assume the above poster was asking about offensive potential - probably because he is trying to construct a team for some kind of fantasy league. I don't think he was trying to ask would would be the better player overall.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
JP, I assume the above poster was asking about offensive potential - probably because he is trying to construct a team for some kind of fantasy league. I don't think he was trying to ask would would be the better player overall.

exactly....I should have said that from the get-go but I do appreciate the responses

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Campoli by a mile!?

Even ignoring that the threadstarter clearly stated he was only interested in offensive potential (presumably, this is for his fantasy team), to point out that Tyutin is presently better defensively does not give it to Tyutin "easily" either. Tyutin has an extra two years of development, and as defenseman that's fairly significant. Tyutin also had the fortunate position of playing on a much better team than Campoli so mistakes were likely less magnified. Will Campoli catch up in the next two years? It's not as though Tyutin is a defensive stalwart either. Tyutin's ceiling for defense is higher than Campoli's admittedly, due if nothing else to the sheer size advantage he carries, but Campoli outscoring him by nearly 10ts while 2 years younger is no small accomplishment and would seem to suggest that he has a higher offensive ceiling.

Will Campoli's offense make up for the difference in defense? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's premature to say that Tyutin will easily be the better player.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
if it worth anything, looking at the Islanders PP depth chart, Zhitnick would be a solid 1, while poti/campoli will be #2/#3.

Not sure where Tyutti falls on the Rangers PP chart.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't have any problems with JP. He is a friend, in fact.

Thanks, Darth.

I think you and everyone else have actually misinterpreted me a bit here. In my post, I was mainly responding to the "Campoli by a mile" comment in REGARDS to offense.

I should've put some dashes or added something else before my last paragraph where I took the entire post a step further.

Sorry for some bad wording to everyone who was confused besides that kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not sure where Tyutti falls on the Rangers PP chart.

He's, unfortunately, around #3 or #4 -- behind the likes of Rozsival and a few others.

I'd have him on the top pairing with Matt Cullen if it was up to me. Both have booming shots when they use them and I've seen Fedor command the point a number of times.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I like both players but I prefer Campoli.

Campoli is more physical than Tyutin and maybe slightly better defensively. Campoli would also get more points but I think he gets more minutes with the Isles and Toots does with the Rangers

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Even ignoring that the threadstarter clearly stated he was only interested in offensive potential (presumably, this is for his fantasy team), to point out that Tyutin is presently better defensively does not give it to Tyutin "easily" either. Tyutin has an extra two years of development, and as defenseman that's fairly significant. Tyutin also had the fortunate position of playing on a much better team than Campoli so mistakes were likely less magnified. Will Campoli catch up in the next two years? It's not as though Tyutin is a defensive stalwart either. Tyutin's ceiling for defense is higher than Campoli's admittedly, due if nothing else to the sheer size advantage he carries, but Campoli outscoring him by nearly 10ts while 2 years younger is no small accomplishment and would seem to suggest that he has a higher offensive ceiling.

Will Campoli's offense make up for the difference in defense? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's premature to say that Tyutin will easily be the better player.

He is one year younger then Tyutin and also Renney for some reason loved to put fowards on the point in the PP. Give Tyutin 1st line PP opp and he will easily put up 10-15 more points.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
He's, unfortunately, around #3 or #4 -- behind the likes of Rozsival and a few others.

I'd have him on the top pairing with Matt Cullen if it was up to me. Both have booming shots when they use them and I've seen Fedor command the point a number of times.

I hope he was just behind him because Renney didnt want to give Tyutin added pressure (already getting 20 min of ice time at ES and PK). Tyutin definitly has more offensive skill then Rozsival....but last year was probably more prone to a mistake then Rozsvial still being a rookie and 22 years old.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I like both players but I prefer Campoli.

Campoli is more physical than Tyutin and maybe slightly better defensively. Campoli would also get more points but I think he gets more minutes with the Isles and Toots does with the Rangers

Campoli averaged 18:32 a game with the PP time
Tyutin was averaging 20:33 a game without all the PP time that Campoli had.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Thanks, Darth.

I think you and everyone else have actually misinterpreted me a bit here. In my post, I was mainly responding to the "Campoli by a mile" comment in REGARDS to offense.

I should've put some dashes or added something else before my last paragraph where I took the entire post a step further.

BUT it was funny to see Franchise go out of his way to flame me. :clap:

Sorry for some bad wording to everyone who was confused besides that kid.

Not calling anybody names but you would have to be a idiot not to know what you meant..

In the end I lean towards Campoli to have more points. I wouldn't say it's by a mile and I think it has an equal amount to do with Tyutin never putting it all together.

It's a good question though..

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
In my opinion Campoli's very underrated and Tyutin is a little overrated.

If you're asking who's the better offensive player, I feel pretty confident in saying it's Campoli. Definitely more upside points wise for Campoli.

But if you're asking who will end up with the most career points, that could be Tyutin if he has a longer career.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In my opinion Campoli's very underrated and Tyutin is a little overrated.

If you're asking who's the better offensive player, I feel pretty confident in saying it's Campoli. Definitely more upside points wise for Campoli.

But if you're asking who will end up with the most career points, that could be Tyutin if he has a longer career.

well, strictly skill wise, it wouldn't surprise me if Tyutin is more skilled and could potentially put up more points. The guy has an absolute ton of talent, but plays too conservatively to utilize it.

I think the odds of him fully reaching his offensive potential are less than the odds of Campoli just continuing the job he did last year though, and that's why I'd say Campoli is more likely to put up more points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad