Campoli vs. Ballard

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Even for fantasy purposes only, Ballard is better of the two. Ballard is very well built (which works for him as he's less injury-prone) and is a #1 Dman on Coyotes, while Campoli isn't even close to #1.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ballard, by a LANDSLIDE.

I've watched both thanks to center ice, and the only dumb move Pierre Lacroix ever made as gm was dealing Ballard.

Ballard will be a top defender in the NHL one day.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Having just watched a feature on Ballard on "Coyotes X-ing" yesterday, and having my memory jogged a bit by it, I actually think Ballard's offensive game might be a bit underrated. Some of his end to end rushes last season were amazing. He has great one on one moves and can actually pick corners in close, as well as crash the net. With the added confidence of a having an entire NHL season under his belt, and the knowledge that he has a much better defensive corps to fall back on, I can see Ballard showcasing his impressive offensive arsenal even more this season. I think he could end up being something like a mini-cross between a Rob Blake and an Ed Jovanovski type defenseman for this generation.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ballard is pretty good in a shootout (1v1 the goalie) situation as well.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Ballard might be more physical & has better skating ability but their defensive skills are the same,(i.e. mediocre). In fact Ballard appears to be overrated in this thread. His defensive awareness needs huge improvement (which may come with experience). Campoli has the edge in offensive creativity IMO on the PP & even strength.

From a pool standpoint they are about equal.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ballard might be more physical & has better skating ability but their defensive skills are the same,(i.e. mediocre). In fact Ballard appears to be overrated in this thread. His defensive awareness needs huge improvement (which may come with experience). Campoli has the edge in offensive creativity IMO on the PP & even strength.

From a pool standpoint they are about equal.

McKeens did a good job delving into Ballard's minus number. He had a stretch of 15 games where he went -15. 2 blocks of games around the Olympic break where he hit a wall. Outside of those 2 brief stretches Ballard was very solid defensively and is a fantastic shot blocker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->