Campoli vs. Ballard

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I can't really say much about Ballard but i expect Campoli to be in the 35-40 point range this year.

Transported Upstater

I think Ballard is a much better all-around player.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
I think Ballard is a much better all-around player.

As do I, but strictly offensive upside (for fantasy purproses) as the thread starter might want know, I'd say in both of their primes they could both be 45-50 point players.

Defensively, physically etc..Ballard will most likely be better.

This thread isn't good for Campoli..not many people know him and everyone loves Ballard :D

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I like Ballard's future upside but from a strictly points/fantasy point of view for next season only, ice time isnt going to be easy to earn with Jovanovski, Morris, Boynton and Michalek. Although Ballard is the only one who prefers the left side which could actually help him play a lot.

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
Will be interesting to see how both these guys perform especially with both their teams making some backline acquisitions that could cut down on their PP time.

They both have alot of improvement to do in the defensive zone as should be expected from defensemen at this age.

Offensively, they both can skate very well and have good shots and can man the point on the PP.

Ballard is way more physical than Campoli both in his propensity for delivering the crunching hit or in his willingness to drop the gloves.

Definitely Ballard is the more well rounded player here but not by as much as some would think considering Campoli was a 7th round pick.

Transported Upstater

As do I, but strictly offensive upside (for fantasy purproses) as the thread starter might want know, I'd say in both of their primes they could both be 45-50 point players.

Defensively, physically etc..Ballard will most likely be better.

This thread isn't good for Campoli..not many people know him and everyone loves Ballard :D

I should have read more closely.

If you're just considering offense, it's much closer, and next year I'd have to give the edge to CC because he has less competition for minutes/points on the blueline.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I can't really say much about Ballard but i expect Campoli to be in the 35-40 point range this year.

At the very least, look at Ballard's numbers from last year. As a rookie, he had 8-31-39, which falls right in that 35-40 range with a chance for improvement.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Campoli had a great first year, but Ballard was better. He looked like a poised veteran out there and he is more of a complete package. Nothing against Campoli, but Ballard is more likely to succeed as a top pairing defenseman.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ballard. Personally, I don't really think it is that close. Ballard will be an all-star in this league sooner rather than later.

Edit: sadly, I didn't realize this was just on offense. I suspect given Phoenix's depth this year on the blueline that this is closer than expected; although, if Phoenix deals Morris at some point then all bets are off.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
At the very least, look at Ballard's numbers from last year. As a rookie, he had 8-31-39, which falls right in that 35-40 range with a chance for improvement.

Like i said i really can't say much about Ballard because other then the stats i hardly know anything about him. For what it is worth Campoli si 2 years younger then Ballard, but he needs to bulk up to be a legitimate top 4 guy. Hopefully when his body fills out he maintains the good aspects of his game now.

If you just basing this on stats i would probably go with Ballard long term, but if it just for this year Campoli might be in a better situation where he will be elied on more.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I don't think anybody would disagree that Ballard will probably be the better-all-around player. The question here is which one will put up more points? That is going to depend on a lot of issues, like icetime, defense partner, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->