Post-Game Talk: Campbell plays, Leafs win

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
if we acquire a top 6 forward, I would actually put him on our 3rd line. they need to have speed to keep up.

Hyms - Papi - Mitch
Galch - jt- william

dude - kerfoot - mik
simmer - spez - engvall

thornton can rotate in an out like a gud pro.

gives us some good defence and good speed on every line. lots of c depth, kerf and Engvall and switch when needed.
Robertson as your “dude” ;)

Reactions: gunther

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Please do not overlook how bad this shot was

I kinda give some credit to Campbell there I think he surprised Scheifele with how fast he got over and closed the gap so halfway through the shot I think he tried to hook it a little harder to roof it.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

gunther

Mar 29, 2021
i can’t speak for this board, but people were absolutely dragging mitch through the mud on Twitter last couple years and i think a lot of folks need to eat crow.

he is likely the most entertaining player I have watched in many years outside mcdavid.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
i can’t speak for this board, but people were absolutely dragging mitch through the mud on Twitter last couple years and i think a lot of folks need to eat crow.

he is likely the most entertaining player I have watched in many years outside mcdavid.
spot on man. I could not agree more. I think we all felt slighted by the way the young guns put themselves before the team when it came to their current deals. But we cannot forget that this is a business, and they are represented by very smart people who know their worth. Mitch is living up to every cent in my opinion. What a f***ing player. He is a top 10 player in the league in my mind. Hard to make an argument against it TBH. Plays every situation, has developed into a very good 2 way player, Pt machine, works his bag off, and drives any line he is on. What a treat to have him and Auston on the same team. This assist last night :scared:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
spot on man. I could not agree more. I think we all felt slighted by the way the young guns put themselves before the team when it came to their current deals. But we cannot forget that this is a business, and they are represented by very smart people who know their worth. Mitch is living up to every cent in my opinion. What a f***ing player. He is a top 10 player in the league in my mind. Hard to make an argument against it TBH. Plays every situation, has developed into a very good 2 way player, Pt machine, works his bag off, and drives any line he is on. What a treat to have him and Auston on the same team. This assist last night :scared:

Bogo deserves assist on that goal as well. Nice play at the blue line.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Please do not overlook how bad this shot was

Schiefele is so damn over rated on these boards. The guy gets one or two good seasons and Jets fan gush over him.

Kinda funny how when Byuff left, its almost like he took the entire teams defense and puck possession with him.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

Underrated move, were not worthy

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I was pretty pissed off about the contract. But he's living up to it.

Reactions: Havoc

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Campbell in these types of games is on another level from Andersen.

I feel like In low event games for Andersen he’s not mentally strong. Look at the Columbus series where he let in garbage goal after garbage goal even though Columbus wasn’t generating much.

The poise just isn’t there for him.

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020

I haven't been on this board long, but I definitely was with my buddies last year especially. Post Columbus series we all engaged in the trade talk nonsense, who would take the contract, worst contract in the NHL, all of it.

I have zero problems saying I was an absolute IDIOT. One of my worst takes of all time. He's legit one of the best players in the entire league, and I love that he will be a Leaf til retirement.

Reactions: JayDog17

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Schiefele is so damn over rated on these boards. The guy gets one or two good seasons and Jets fan gush over him.

Kinda funny how when Byuff left, its almost like he took the entire teams defense and puck possession with him.
Big Buff leaving altered the entire style of the Jets. Everybody in the lineup plays a foot taller when you got a monster like Big Buff backing you up.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Haha for sure, it's been a while since I've seen a post complaining about "money Mitch" and his big bad contract. Mitch is out of the mud for sure. I agree he's probably one of the most entertaining players in the league, so is Matthews and we're lucky to have them both. Now if only we could win a goddamn playoff round (or two or three four), then we could enjoy them even more.

I was pretty pissed off about the contract. But he's living up to it.

You and probably tens of thousands of other people. And yes, he's earning his pay this season. Too bad he didn't sign for 9 million, then we could even say he's outperforming his contract. ;)

Reactions: saffronleaf

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This coming from someone who posts nonstop comments during a game, every play you have some dumb comment. I'm going to assume you're 50 still living with your mom and this is it.... this site is you're life. You're the dumpster version of steve dangle.

hmm... quick to temper there. Sounds more like meth than crack.

I don’t live with my mother but I’ve been known to stay the night at yours every once in a while ;)

Reactions: JayDog17

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
hmm... quick to temper there. Sounds more like meth than crack.

I don’t live with my mother but I’ve been known to stay the night at yours every once in a while ;)
Took you all day for that? You clearly live in your "basement" apartment, you've never been know to leave your safe space. I'm sure when you get tired of your mom's meatloaf you can plow into my mom's taco if you want. Have at her Chad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad