Confirmed with Link: Campbell/Clifford to the leafs

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Well Jack and Clifford got their 1st games last night and I have to say if that is the level of effort Kyle Clifford is going to give every night, then fans are going to LOVE Kyle Clifford.

Campbell was pretty good too for the most part, although maybe don't handle the puck, maybe don't do that, that led to bad things happening.
Yeah the big red dog is awesome

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Why?

Don't turn into one of those awful Flyers "fans" who suddenly started caring about the Kings because a player got traded here. You're to good a fan and poster here.

Team > Player
I will forever be a die hard Kings fan; no question about that.

But tonight, I'd rather watch two teams battle for the final playoff spot which includes some of my fav players than two teams at the very bottom of the standings.

I'll be at work for the first period of both games anyways though so :(

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Well Jack and Clifford got their 1st games last night and I have to say if that is the level of effort Kyle Clifford is going to give every night, then fans are going to LOVE Kyle Clifford.

Campbell was pretty good too for the most part, although maybe don't handle the puck, maybe don't do that, that led to bad things happening.

Jonathan Quick has taught him well.

Kovalchuk vs Campbell and Clifford tonight.

More excited to watch that than the LA/NJ game tbh.

Are you saying you have a level of excitement for LA/NJ?

Reactions: KingsHockey24

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Jeff Carter's wife to Jeff: "Don't get any stupid ideas about scoring a goal tonight."

unnamed-8.jpg

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

Yes, but they won't be too happy to find the refs love giving him penalties for little more than breathing heavy on an opponent.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why?

Don't turn into one of those awful Flyers "fans" who suddenly started caring about the Kings because a player got traded here. You're to good a fan and poster here.

Team > Player

I thinks it more because said team sucks dick. I watched battle of Alberta while the Kings were playing.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I didn't think I'd have to worry about the Leafs not making the playoffs but after last night's performance... They got bigger issues.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I didn't think I'd have to worry about the Leafs not making the playoffs but after last night's performance... They got bigger issues.
They expect to win every game scoring 5 or 6 goals. That might get them into the playoffs and set them up for another first round exit. But as long as they make it and JC gets 5 more wins, that’s all I care about.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
If they make it,JC will have to get 5 more wins. They can only afford to drop 10 more games for the rest of the season

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They expect to win every game scoring 5 or 6 goals. That might get them into the playoffs and set them up for another first round exit. But as long as they make it and JC gets 5 more wins, that’s all I care about.

They have three F's with basically $11m cap hits each, another at $7m, and their entire defense corps currently has a smaller cap hit than Doughty by himself. Is it an expectation to score 5 or 6, or a need? Would you be doing yourself a disservice if you used that much space for 3/4 forwards, and then didn't play to their strength? If you want to change the way a team plays, and allocate your cap space differently, I'm sure that could be done, but while you have what you have, you have to dance with the one that brought you.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They have three F's with basically $11m cap hits each, another at $7m, and their entire defense corps currently has a smaller cap hit than Doughty by himself. Is it an expectation to score 5 or 6, or a need? Would you be doing yourself a disservice if you used that much space for 3/4 forwards, and then didn't play to their strength? If you want to change the way a team plays, and allocate your cap space differently, I'm sure that could be done, but while you have what you have, you have to dance with the one that brought you.
Toronto should have traded Marner for two or three "good" assets.

Toronto would have been fine with Matthews, Tavares, Kapanen, and Nylander up front. This idea that you have to re-sign every player for stupid money just because they are a star is what ruins a team's depth and their chance to contend for a Stanley Cup. This isn't the NBA where 3 great players supplemented by two or three good players wins a team a championship.

Reactions: DrewforNorris

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Toronto should have traded Marner for two or three "good" assets.

Toronto would have been fine with Matthews, Tavares, Kapanen, and Nylander up front. This idea that you have to re-sign every player for stupid money just because they are a star is what ruins a team's depth and their chance to contend for a Stanley Cup. This isn't the NBA where 3 great players supplemented by two or three good players wins a team a championship.

Can you imagine if that happened, but didn't work? Dubas could never step foot in Toronto again, and Torontonians would probably put a bounty on him. But, those are the decisions that GMs are paid to make. I think if things get desperate enough, if they miss the playoffs, go out in the 1st in 5, whatever, whoever the GM is at the time will start looking into a trade like that, but first they'll give the chance to fail to the core they drafted. They've gone out in the 1st three times, and maybe the Bruins are in their heads, but maybe you wait and see if they can miss the Bruins, and see what happens, etc.

They have more than ample opportunity to still trade either Marner and/or Nylander though. Locked in with the contracts, but both are under 25. Marner for Doughty, bring the man home!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Can you imagine if that happened, but didn't work? Dubas could never step foot in Toronto again, and Torontonians would probably put a bounty on him. But, those are the decisions that GMs are paid to make. I think if things get desperate enough, if they miss the playoffs, go out in the 1st in 5, whatever, whoever the GM is at the time will start looking into a trade like that, but first they'll give the chance to fail to the core they drafted. They've gone out in the 1st three times, and maybe the Bruins are in their heads, but maybe you wait and see if they can miss the Bruins, and see what happens, etc.

They have more than ample opportunity to still trade either Marner and/or Nylander though. Locked in with the contracts, but both are under 25. Marner for Doughty, bring the man home!
So what if it didn't work. You either have a plan and stick to it, or you let the fans run the franchise.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Imagine this scenario. Campbell gets 6 wins and leafs make the playoffs...we resign Clifford in the offseason...

Basically we will have traded Campbell for Moore and two 2nd round picks. That’s pretty damn good IMO...

why would Cliffy EVER resign here? Would you? Of course not.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Clifford can probably make as much Air’bnbing his place in MB for the next four years as he will on his next contract. There will be some GM who overpays for Clifford in the summer, I’d like to believe it won’t be Blake.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just wanted to stop buy and say Thank you Kings fans, we LOVE Jack Campbell all hhe does is show how far below an NHL goalie Michael Hutchinson is and the difference is shocking.

Clifford has been great too he busts his ass EVERY shift but you already know.

How are you enjoying Trevor Moore?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Just wanted to stop buy and say Thank you Kings fans, we LOVE Jack Campbell all hhe does is show how far below an NHL goalie Michael Hutchinson is and the difference is shocking.

The Kings are a joy too watch lately.

Now we only need that 2nd rounder.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

We suck , but he scored a goal

Second rounder please

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure you will get it, I'm not sure how much Campbell plays once Freddie returns.

But I hope you get that 2nd round pick

I feel like satisfying that condition means everyone is happy

We've looked like hammered dog shit but Moore hasn't been affected by that yet. Love his hustle, tenacity, he looked good playing with fellow pain-in-the-ass-ers Lizotte, Wagner, on what may be a formidable bottom six line at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad