Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Although Smith kinda held his own playing up, I’m happy to hear Quinn say he’s a dmen now.

Me too. It shows me Quinn has his eyes open and his head on straight.

(Or, that he agrees with me )

Reactions: Kupo

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is Kravtsov going to be okay with that? That really horribly-done interview made it sound like he was only coming over if he was going to play, because otherwise there was no point.

I'm enjoying a playoff team (ok, a team in the playoffs). I'm not going to sweat a 19-year-old's emotional swings.

I hope VK can find it within himself to be satisfied with being a Black Ace in the playoffs in the world's top league in his career of choice.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Once in a while it's acceptable, not all the thyme
You deserve more credit for this tasty morsel.
upload_2020-7-14_12-28-27.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov better realize quickly that this isn’t about him. It’s about the team and he needs to earn his way up to the team. I loved what he did on the ice when he got back to Hartford but every time I read an interview I hear an extremely immature me first kid that seems to always have an issue with what the team is telling him. JD said it just recently and I agree it’s about maturity with this kid. No other way to slice it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I don't like "unfit to play". Sounds yucky. Even though it probably means they turned an ankle or need a filling.

These two are on the opposite ends of the physique spectrum also. Now they are lumped together in a big general category.

Reactions: egelband

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Kravtsov better realize quickly that this isn’t about him. It’s about the team and he needs to earn his way up to the team. I loved what he did on the ice when he got back to Hartford but every time I read an interview I hear an extremely immature me first kid that seems to always have an issue with what the team is telling him. JD said it just recently and I agree it’s about maturity with this kid. No other way to slice it.
There is a lot of Kovalev in Kravstov. Who else would think a 2+ minute punishment shift was a reward? I could see Krava thinking that way. I still hope there is that much game in him too. He embarrassed too many guys in the KHL as a HS student to be mediocre.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

hockey is so fast on ice yet looks so much slower on camera b/c you know how to follow the game. On the flip side, that’s the problem with hockey. Too many viewers don’t know how to watch it so they lose the puck/play.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great to see those clips. The Rangers are no longer the blue smurfs for sure. Crazy all the forwards and dmen (especially younger guys) that are already over 6'2" and over 200 pounds with some skill. Now just keep maturing and maybe develop a little snarl to their games and this won't be a team that gets pushed around so easily.

Reactions: egelband

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I know its not that they are all going to pan out to the top of their projections, but having all of those draft picks and prospects we've been working on for the last few years all on the "NHL ice" together (Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Chytil, Lindgren, Howden, Gauthier, Shesty, Fox) sure seems like the start of the pay-off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad