Confirmed with Link: Cam York signed to ELC, starting this season

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
"York is the anti-Ghost.
Whoever the HC is next year, they'll love him, probably more than the fans, who'll need years to appreciate his game.
Flash sells tickets, IQ and discipline wins games."

:thumbu:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope not. Exposing a talented young player with no NHL experience to this mess would do nothing for his game.

Playing with the PHantoms , big minutes in all game situations (ES, PP and PK) is the right way to develop a player, esp a defenseman.

He's very young, plenty of time ahead for him when he's ready, after giving his game the growth it needs in the AHL.

I would not be surprised to see him get in some NHL games at the end of this season. Just like other top prospects around the league will.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm surprised you're not in here saying that he will be completely outclassed. 5'11"/174 lbs? Sounds like he will be man handled in no time.

You obviously haven't seen his beefcake pictures!
Kid is ripped, I suspect he's somewhere north of 190 lbs at this point.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He'll be back, he's all of 21.
54 college games, 49 AHL games, 30 NHL games. Over 3+ seasons.

He should be up right now. He's better than Risto.

You told me over and over and over that Tortorella would bench anyone to play the best players. That he doesn't favor veterans and wants young players. That contract doesn't matter. That him not being the GM doesn't matter because he's secretly running the team.

So why were you so wrong?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

You told me over and over and over that Tortorella would bench anyone to play the best players. That he doesn't favor veterans and wants young players. That contract doesn't matter. That him not being the GM doesn't matter because he's secretly running the team.

Not even just risto, he should be in for seeler.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

You can be wrong. We all are at times. Clearly what’s problematic is that he refuses to 1) admit to it 2) learn from it, because as always, he knows best

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
York isn't competing with Risto, he's a LHD who doesn't like to play on the right side.
Attard is the guy who could push Risto to the third pair, and if he continues to play well in LHV, may do so by January.

York right now is competing with Zamula, if they use either one at RHD, it'll be on the third pair to start.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
York isn't competing with Risto, he's a LHD who doesn't like to play on the right side.
Attard is the guy who could push Risto to the third pair, and if he continues to play well in LHV, may do so by January.

York right now is competing with Zamula, if they use either one at RHD, it'll be on the third pair to start.

Strict role adoration is a major reason why Fletcher sucks at his job.

Fine. Then Seeler is blocking him. You repeatedly assured me Tortorella would never, ever allow that. Why do you think you were wrong?

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler isn't blocking York, York is blocking York.
York had the job going into camp, then proceeded to lose it.
Nor has he stood out so far in LHV.

Seeler has been as advertised, a solid #6/#7, now that he no longer has to drag an anchor (Yandle) around the rink.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Seeler isn't blocking York, York is blocking York.
York had the job going into camp, then proceeded to lose it.
Nor has he stood out so far in LHV.

Seeler has been as advertised, a solid #6/#7, now that he no longer has to drag an anchor (Yandle) around the rink.

York did not block York. Tortorella and Fletcher did.

LHV is a nonsense slopshow.

Seeler is not a 7. At all. He's a 5/6, and thus he is not as advertised because you repeatedly insisted that he is not that and would be a 7. When I pointed out he could very well play over York, you insisted that would never happen.

It has. You're wrong. What else do you suppose you've been wrong about?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
What if they put him in for both and went with 5D?
down. Also down for 10f with no deslaurier and macewan

ya i would be a lot of money that risto stays on as 2nd pair rhd for the majority of his contract. No f***ing way is Attard taking his spot by January of 2023 even if miraculously scores 50 goals in the ahl by then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->