Cam Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
I haven't seen him play, but he shut out the Wolfpack tonite, and as reluctant as I am to judge a goalie by his stats, Ward's have been lights out.

So what's up? What are his strengths and weaknessses? How good is he? How good can he be? And perhaps most importantly, why does no one talk about him?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think this guy can become a realy solid number one goalie and one of the main reason not too many people talk about him is because he his property of the Hurricanes and no one talks about them.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Habsfan 32 said:
I think this guy can become a realy solid number one goalie and one of the main reason not too many people talk about him is because he his property of the Hurricanes and no one talks about them.

Yeah. That's about what I figured. If you play south of the Mason Dixon line and you're a not prospect of Lehtonen's calibre, no one seems to care.

That said, any kind of talent analysis?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Habsfan 32 said:

Pretty much.

He's a good goalie who is drastically underrated around here because there's about 2 Cane fans here.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Pretty much.

He's a good goalie who is drastically underrated around here because there's about 2 Cane fans here.
hey. whats up. i dont know where the other one is.

ward will be backing up gerber as soon as the league starts, and his play has actually possibly justified it. i saw him play in lowell once, he was very poised and confidant. i think any positives youve heard about him are right on.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Vicious Vic said:
Yeah. That's about what I figured. If you play south of the Mason Dixon line and you're a not prospect of Lehtonen's calibre, no one seems to care.

Unfortunately that even seems to influence HF Rankings or can someone tell me why Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers is ranked 40th in the Hockeys Future Top 50 NHL Prospects and Cam Ward didn't even make the list? :shakehead

shay255

Nov 30, 2004
red deer

i know that cam ward is very good because he played with the red deer rebels whl hockey league.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I've been a Cam Ward fan since he was a 17-year-old with Red Deer in 2001. He was so good that the Memorial Cup champion Rebels (in other words, the best U20 club team on the planet) traded the goalie that led them to the Memorial Cup, so they could play Ward more. It's almost unprecedented in hockey to trade the No. 1 from a championship team to play a young sophomore. He proved he was an elite prospect over the next three years in the Dub, and has continued his elite play in the AHL.

In my opinion, he's one of several elite young goalie prospects in the AHL this year, along with Lehtonen, Toivonen, Deslauriers, Harding and Fleury. (Born in 1982 or later). I'd rank all of them ahead of LeClaire.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Penguins hit like 3 crossbars when they played him the other day.

Chartrand

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
The Penguins hit like 3 crossbars when they played him the other day.

The last two times he's played in Manchester, the Monarchs hit probably a combined 9 posts or crossbars and two good goals were taken away.

Then again, he also turned away a boat load of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad