GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McCaffrey should probably be thinking about how to get out

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
McCaffrey should probably be thinking about how to get out
He can't do much. His main thing should be his contract. 3 years in, but as a 1st rounder, he's got that 5th year option available to the team. And with the contracts for David Johnson, Gurley, Freeman not really panning out, I doubt other teams are going to be giving up big assets for a RB, even though he's as good a receiving RB as there is in the NFL, where he doesn't just come out of the backfield, but can line up in the slot and run a route against a Nickel corner and get open.

Reactions: SnS

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That game in Pittsburgh f***ed this franchise over so hard. If you would have told me that after November 4th, 2018 that Newton would never win a game in a Panthers uniform again I would have lost all my money.

It is what it is, I'm not on board but I get the decision. He still remains the only regular-season MVP that the Carolinas have seen suit up for one of their teams.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Don’t think any team would sign Cam without a solid backup option. Too many injuries to expect him to play every game.

Cam is better than other QBs right now, but his age and injury history work against him as teams like NE want to see what Stidham can do, same with Jax and Minshew (though they appear to be hoping to be bad and land the 2021 top pick), and other teams have young QBs they are relying on. You could argue Cam is better than Carr but Carr has missed just 3 games in 6 seasons.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
But at what point does a decent backup, who knows the playbook, give a team a better chance than Cam coming in not knowing a playbook?

Sep 19, 2008
He's not being signed because of difficulties taking a physical ATM. Teams want to make sure he is healthy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's not being signed because of difficulties taking a physical ATM. Teams want to make sure he is healthy
Which team would he start for?
LV-Carr/Mariotta, KC-Mahommes, Den-Locke, LAC-Taylor/Herbert
Pit-Rothliesberger, Cin-Burrow, Cle-Mayfield, Bal-Jackson
Hou-Watson, Ind-Rivers/Brissett, Ten-Tannehill, Jac-Minshew
NE-Stidham, NYJ-Darnold, Buf-Allen, Mia-Fitzpatrick/Tua
Sea-Wilson, SF-Garrappolo, LAR-Goff, AZ-Murray
GB-Rodgers, Min-Cousins, Det-Stafford, Chi-Foles/Trubisky
Atl-Ryan, NO-Brees, TB-Brady, Car-Bridgewater
Dal-Prescott/Dalton, Phi-Wentz, NYG-Jones, Was-Haskins

It's really NE and Jax.

If we are going by the assumption that Cam is expecting $20 million to play, then it really limits the options. There are guys like Carr/Garrappolo who can get cut without a huge dead cap hit, but I don't see either team wanting to risk it with a guy who has been as beat up as Cam.

There are guys he's better than right now, but teams are committed to seeing what Mayfield, Darnold, Haskins, etc. do. If things go sideways for a couple of teams, they would then see what their young QB has to offer near the end of the season.

Does 2021 get much better with Lawrence and Fields, and whomever else may emerge in college? You'd see Tua, Herbert likely starting for their teams when those 2 come in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00