Post-Game Talk: Cam Newton’s Fumble Kills Patriots’ Comeback Bid, Bills Win 24-21

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
His excuses are basically blaming his performance as the GM and nobody is calling him on it. It's laughable. You don't get to f*** the cap up and suck in the draft and then use those things as reasons why you're not good. I mean, Jesus Christ, really? LOFL
Its more complicated than that, hisblong term plan was turned into a short term plan. They have continued to push off dead money on the cap for the last few years with Brady here. They also made some trades to appease Brady and gave up picks. Guys like Dorsett, Cooks, Patterson, Sanu, Brown. Just feels like the organization was being pulled in two different ways the last few years

His drafting has not been good though the last few years and he deserves the blame for that.

Reactions: Barnum

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Can we agree Brady went into a pretty good situation?

Yup.

As long as we also agree that the only reason Bill isn't in a similarly good situation is because of Bill. He controls the Pats roster. Nobody else. Including Kraft.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Yup.

As long as we also agree that the only reason Bill isn't in a similarly good situation is because of Bill. He controls the Pats roster. Nobody else. Including Kraft.

Yup, agreed. I'm not an either or guy, they both were a big part of this success.

I'm not discrediting anyone's contribution.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yup.

Expect for that one time when Kraft stepped in on the behalf of Brady and traded his replacement.

But I agree with the overall sentiment that both are responsible for their success and both played a role in them parting ways

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Expect for that one time when Kraft stepped in on the behalf of Brady and traded his replacement.

But I agree with the overall sentiment that both are responsible for their success and both played a role in them parting ways

Jimmy G missed a full season and now looks to prime to miss another..the "replacement" idea is ridiculous. It's a total false made up reality.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

No, he didn't. Kraft knows about as much about the actual mechanics behind nfl trades as the average masseuse.

Bill executed that trade, like he does with all trades.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Andy Reid in KC didn't win a title until he got a franchise QB who gets the credit for that superbowl more than Reid IMO

Haha, he lost me at “and what do they have to show for it?”

I honesty can’t believe what I’m hearing. It’s been the best 20 years in NFL history for a franchise. Sports are cyclical. Pats are one year in to an inevitable downturn, and now this?

what have you done for me lately indeed

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Haha, he lost me at “and what do they have to show for it?”

I honesty can’t believe what I’m hearing. It’s been the best 20 years in NFL history for a franchise. Sports are cyclical. Pats are one year in to an inevitable downturn, and now this?

what have you done for me lately indeed

Everybody knew there would be a post brady downturn. Running a QB who still plays at an MVP level out of town who gave everthing to this franchise bc the headcoach had an ego and wanted to show it wasn't all brady is why there is blowback. Bill thought he could win without Brady and he's getting criticized for gambling in that instead of building an offense and winning more titles

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If I was forced to pick one I am not seeing a case to be made for Bill. He very well could be the greatest coach ever but the argument of him vs. Brady is fascinating to me. And I think Brady comes out on top.

Please. Bill has received the proper accolades over the years but it's ok to criticize him for certain things. Like Bill the GM hurting Bill the coach.
No one has ever said he’s immune to criticism. To try and discredit the last 20 years because he started a season 2-5 is well beyond moronic and, again, illogical.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No one has ever said he’s immune to criticism. To try and discredit the last 20 years because he started a season 2-5 is well beyond moronic and, again, illogical.

Let's not forget these takes

Why Cam Newton is more fun to watch than Tom Brady | Boston.com

I’m on record, multiple times, as being bummed out that Tom Brady is ending his career elsewhere. Let me also go on record right now as believing the Patriots upgraded at quarterback this year. Brady looks the same in Tampa Bay – with better weapons, as they like to say – as he did in New England last year. He’s the greatest player of all time, but his style of play right now is methodically joyless. Where did that goofy, happy kid obliviously whacking Drew Bledsoe on the helmet for the first Super Bowl go?

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I am not discrediting it. I said all along one losing season doesn't phase me. But at the same time it's at least fair to question the events that led to it. Now we get to see what Bill has in order this offseason.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jimmy G missed a full season and now looks to prime to miss another..the "replacement" idea is ridiculous. It's a total false made up reality.
Its not about whether Jimmy can play or not. Its the fact that Tom stepped in and made a football decision.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
No, he didn't. Kraft knows about as much about the actual mechanics behind nfl trades as the average masseuse.

Bill executed that trade, like he does with all trades.
Right, weve been through this. Kraft forced Bill to trade Jimmy becauze he was getting ready to move on from Tom. Right decision or not, Bill is supposed to have final say. Bill nearly left after Kraft did that.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Stories are out now that Jimmy G may have season ending surgery. Guy cannot stay on the field.
Get ready for Jimmy back to new england talk if the 9ers cut Jimmy lose at the end of the season! I'm sure BB would love nothing more than to bring Jimmy back and make a run with him. It would highly motivate BB to win with Jimmy. Plus the Pats play Tampa next year.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Get ready for Jimmy back to new england talk if the 9ers cut Jimmy lose at the end of the season! I'm sure BB would love nothing more than to bring Jimmy back and make a run with him. It would highly motivate BB to win with Jimmy. Plus the Pats play Tampa next year.

I could give a shit. Even if he came back, he'd play 2 games and then get put on IR. :laugh:

You don't think it's a red flag that a team that went to the Super Bowl less than a year ago would cut their starting quarterback? He's not the guy. He never was the guy. BB got lucky he didn't get to hang his hat on JG as the next great one. He'd have looked even more foolish than he does right now whining about salary cap issues and lack of roster depth.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Its not about whether Jimmy can play or not. Its the fact that Tom stepped in and made a football decision.

U seem to be very bothered brady stayed. I'm upset he's not still here winning with Bill as coach. No reason to move on from an MVP caliber player, u maximize the window, fans now aren't enjoying quality football

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Pats need to find the next franchise QB in the draft, not gamble on an injury prone avg QB, its a step backwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad