Management Cam Neely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If Don Sweeney can outlast Cam, instead of showing him the door too, give him the keys to the castle and let him try and finish what he started without the handcuffs of a micro-managing Team President.

A micro-managing Team President who clearly isn't (and never was) qualified for the job. ;)

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
If Cam is shown the door, and Sweeney isn't going with him, then just give Sweeney the complete authority to run the entire hockey ops side of the business, the on-ice product, as he sees fit. None of this having to get his moves approved by a President. Give him an operating budget, and let him do his thing. If they need a rubber stamp, a formality, for legal purposes give that rubber stamp to Charlie Jacobs.

Hire a qualified business person to operate the business-side of the operation. Sponsors, TV, marketing, sales, etc. Like you said not some former NHL player who hasn't seen the inside of a classroom in 25-30 years.

This 1000X.

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I would prefer to see Cam *and* Charlie go before Sweeney.

I honestly can see Sweeney's vision, I just think Cam is this annoying obstacle, who for some reason has decision-authority he never deserved to begin with, and is now running scared for his job.

Fire Neely at the end of this year, and give Sweeney 100% control over all hockey operations.

Then we FINALLY have accountability and Sweeney can implement his plan without hindrances.

#NeelyOut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad