Management Cam Neely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He is also responsible for the make up of this team as he ultimately signs off on any deals Chiarelli makes.

I think it is time to start putting some of the blame on him and stop piling it all on Chiarelli and Claude.

Probably not a popular opinion but as Chiarelli's boss, it is time that he starts to share in the criticism for what's going on with the team.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
100% agree

Let me tell you, if Reilly Smith doesn't get his head out of his ass, that Seguin trade is going to go down as historically bad. It was simply bad before, but it's on the edge of atrocious if it goes that way. And Neely was all in on that move.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Agreed. Cam probably thought he was safe in this job because he's considered a god and can do no wrong so any bad decisions won't be deemed his fault. WRONG!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I've been putting a lot of the blame on Neely for a couple of years now. He was clearly instrumental in the trade of Seguin, as evidenced by his commentary on Behind the B. Trading Seguin wasn't the error, but trading him for the bag of **** they got in return was, and Neely presumably signed off on that. At the end of the day, the GM can't judge talent. It's why his draft picks suck, it's why the return on most of his trades blow, and it's why his free agent signings tend to be hot garbage. The coach plays guys who don't belong in the league anymore at the detriment to their younger players. He gives out PPTOI to players who can't sniff a PP point, yet nothing is said. That poor judgement is on PC and CJ, but really, it should be on Cam because he allows it to happen. The buck stops with him, and since the cup win, he seems to be asleep at the wheel.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I see Neely getting plenty of blame around here all the time. My all-time favorite player and I have called for him to be fired.

He is constantly getting criticized. I think he gets the 2nd most.

Chia
Neely
Players
Claude

(That is the list of problems, not that Claude doesn't deserve any. He is part of the problem.)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
100% agree

Let me tell you, if Reilly Smith doesn't get his head out of his ass, that Seguin trade is going to go down as historically bad. It was simply bad before, but it's on the edge of atrocious if it goes that way. And Neely was all in on that move.

If only somehow we could packade smith+ for a D-man.

Without any D changes our team will be very average next year.

And I agree that he needs to be yelled more, some very bad decisions.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think that everyone "Boston Bruins" deserves some criticism right now:

Players: List is too long. Injuries have been a big factor, but performances like last night and against Buffalo are unaceptable.

CJ: Love the guy for what he's done, but he has more than enough talent to be in a better position that we are. Rigid reliance on the system and four lines is not working with the personnel he has. Have to adapt -- something that's been clear for weeks and weeks now.

Chia: Also love the guy for what he's done. However, we have some clear gaps that he's not filled. Whether it was Cap or inability to make right moves -- it's on him.

Neely: Will always love the guy for what he's done -- not to mention that he is one A grade human being. That said, as President, he's got to be accountable for the disconnect that appears to be in place. If there is a crisis of identify or disagreement among management/coaching then by God Cam you've got to crush that in the bud. Right or wrong, you've got to set the course and then require others to fall in line. If the course is good, good for you. If it's the wrong course, well take your lumps. Nature of any leadership position.

Little Man Jacobs: Not sure if his "tough guy" public comments prior to the trade deadline did any real harm to Bruins trade prospects, but logic dictates that they couldn't have helped. Why publicly state to every other team/GM that Chia is on thin ice? Stupid. If he really felt that way, tell Chia directly and clearly in private -- make the playoffs or your gone. Same objective achieved.

Of course the Little Guy's objective was not to get results on the ice -- it was to "lady of the night" some season ticket sales.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I've been putting a lot of the blame on Neely for a couple of years now. He was clearly instrumental in the trade of Seguin, as evidenced by his commentary on Behind the B. Trading Seguin wasn't the error, but trading him for the bag of **** they got in return was, and Neely presumably signed off on that. At the end of the day, the GM can't judge talent. It's why his draft picks suck, it's why the return on most of his trades blow, and it's why his free agent signings tend to be hot garbage. The coach plays guys who don't belong in the league anymore at the detriment to their younger players. He gives out PPTOI to players who can't sniff a PP point, yet nothing is said. That poor judgement is on PC and CJ, but really, it should be on Cam because he allows it to happen. The buck stops with him, and since the cup win, he seems to be asleep at the wheel.

exactly he should be out the door right with chiarelli. he's in charge of hockey operations and has been doing terribly the last few years.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
"signing off" doesn't mean he approves everything Chiarelli is doing. But if Chiarelli isn't fired next month along with Julien then he should be canned too.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
They all have blood on their hands from where they buried that body in Dallas.

yup and watching the behind the b clip with all the momos trashing seguin and crying because horton is gone makes a piece of me die every time.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He is also responsible for the make up of this team as he ultimately signs off on any deals Chiarelli makes.

I think it is time to start putting some of the blame on him and stop piling it all on Chiarelli and Claude.

Probably not a popular opinion but as Chiarelli's boss, it is time that he starts to share in the criticism for what's going on with the team.

I agree with you 100%.

Neely's always gotten a pass here because he was so loved as a Bruin but I've never agreed with that. Great Bruin yes, great executive no way. He is just as responsible for this cluster**** of a team as Chiarelli.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I agree with you 100%.

Neely's always gotten a pass here because he was so loved as a Bruin but I've never agreed with that. Great Bruin yes, great executive no way. He is just as responsible for this cluster**** of a team as Chiarelli.

Cam was not hired for his hockey expertise, he was hired to serve the 'meet and greet' role with sponsors and the the crowd on Level's 4 and 5.

I want to know who signed off on 'Behind the B' showing the Sequin discussions and in effect blaming the kid for us losing to Chicago in 2013.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I can tell you he is active in this but more briefed- the real culpret is Chiarelli

they miss playoffs

I fire Chiarelli

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Cam was not hired for his hockey expertise, he was hired to serve the 'meet and greet' role with sponsors and the the crowd on Level's 4 and 5.

I want to know who signed off on 'Behind the B' showing the Sequin discussions and in effect blaming the kid for us losing to Chicago in 2013.

if thats the case he shouldn't be president and in charge of hockey operations. let him be an ambassador or make up some other gimmick role for him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I'd say it's all of them. They couldn't wait to get that out there and hang it all on Seguin and justify their trading of the guy. The real takeaway is that if you feel the need to spin a deal, you're probably on the losing end of it...:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cam needs to clean house and let everyone know who is in charge.

Don Sweeney likely leaving if Chia stays so name him GM and bring in someone like Kevin Dineen to coach and name Kevin Dean the AHL coach

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Cam is just as guilty as the rest of them, but I don't see him doing a damn thing to solve the problems this team is having. He's like the rest of the management team; won't take the reins when the team has gone awry.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I want Cam to stay, don't believe for a second he is a fan of Julien style hockey. Not saying he hasn't made mistakes, but I think he can be part of the solution once Chiarelli and Julien are shown the door.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If Cam's deal is really to "sign off" then isn't it to late to do anything anyways? I signed this guy, I traded this guy...Cam "Um nope" . Chia runs to telephone to call off transaction.

I sign my assistants **** all the time, I leave it to her to do the job or what she thinks is right.

That being said, Cam has not exerted any influence here at all... How he was duped into getting a team of cerebral , soft assassins I will never know.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

It was their smugness, all of them...two Cup finals in three years...You could hear it in their pompous voices. They thought they were getting to another Cup .

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
If Cam's deal is really to "sign off" then isn't it to late to do anything anyways? I signed this guy, I traded this guy...Cam "Um nope" . Chia runs to telephone to call off transaction.

I believe you are being facetious with this, and I would be disappointed if you weren't.

I believe that for all intents and purposes decisions in the Bruins FO are made/agreed on by committee and then Chia consummates the deal. He may bring a deal to the table -- in fact, he probably IS the one who brings the deal to the table -- and argues that this is as good a deal as can be had. Similarly, others including Neely question and argue for/against the deal. At some point a decision is made and Chia then goes off and makes it happen, or not.

Rough guess on how it works. I think they all know more or less where each other is on any given player and potential deal. I would wager nothing is done in a vacuum.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Cam needs to clean house and let everyone know who is in charge.

Don Sweeney likely leaving if Chia stays so name him GM and bring in someone like Kevin Dineen to coach and name Kevin Dean the AHL coach

This is about what has to happen unless people deem that Chiarellis very good performance for a couple years from 2010-2011 is still worthy of him remaining in the job. I don't think his recent performance has earned him the chance to see if Connolly pans out and how the 2 Isles picks pan out.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I want Cam to stay, don't believe for a second he is a fan of Julien style hockey. Not saying he hasn't made mistakes, but I think he can be part of the solution once Chiarelli and Julien are shown the door.

Let's turn the clock back 5 years.

Bruins come within a bounce of sweeping the Flyers and instead wind up blowing a 3-0 lead in both the series and Game 7. We all expected the B's would do something drastic but nothing happened and a year later they won the Cup.

Now you have an aging core and the window has been shut. The team is still in cap hell and they have a number of contracts they can not move.

Chia made a couple of moves at the deadline but then Brett Connolly gets hurt in his first shift in practice.

The problem is now since Charlie opened his yap about the teams performance being unacceptable and if they fail to make the playoffs he has to do something. Trust me Jacobs will really burn if the Celtics unexpectedly make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad