Player Discussion Cam Fowler

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
cam was much better in the Vegas game, I almost didn’t recognize him!!

Of course, he had his Bieksa removed!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Careful. It's a recurring condition.

You never know when it will come back.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
To me, it's like we fancied someone for a while that was still in a relationship, then jumped at the chance to catch them on the rebound after the ugly break up (Kesler). Happy together at first, we find out they also come with Syphilis (Bieksa). It spreads to every partner.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To me, it's like we fancied someone for a while that was still in a relationship, then jumped at the chance to catch them on the rebound after the ugly break up (Kesler). Happy together at first, we find out they also come with Syphilis (Bieksa). It spreads to every partner.
Way too apt.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Fowler for Gallagher ?

Mtl and Ana swap

Doesn't make sense to deal a top-4 defenseman right now, the Ducks have traded plenty of their D depth in the last year or so. Although some of our youngsters show promise, the D group is extremely unproven on the left side after Fowler and Lindholm.

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler for Gallagher ?

Mtl and Ana swap

We can’t deal Fowler, our LD is pretty much barren in terms of top 4 guys past Fowler and Lindholm - Larsson is stepping in for Fowler but it’s a huge downgrade.

But even if we did want to deal Fowler, Gallagher wouldnt come close to being enough of a return.

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Look at Fowler casually skate into the corner to get a better view of Jets scoring the OT winner.

the only thing I can think of is he gave up the opportunity to push Little away and the angle he was skating at sort of forced him to go into the corner. and with Rakell behind him maybe he thought Rakell would be there in time to allow Fowler to skate around back. We can't ignore that Rakell gave up skating before he even reached the blue line. Either way, all of them blew that except for Gibson.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
the only thing I can think of is he gave up the opportunity to push Little away and the angle he was skating at sort of forced him to go into the corner. and with Rakell behind him maybe he thought Rakell would be there in time to allow Fowler to skate around back. We can't ignore that Rakell gave up skating before he even reached the blue line. Either way, all of them blew that except for Gibson.

I think the intent on this play was he wasn't entirely sure where the puck was, but he saw 3 Jets by the crease so he looped around hoping someone would chip it out for a breakaway. Stupid decision nonetheless. Let's also not ignore just how lazy Getzlaf was prior to it in the ozone though.

Reactions: dracom

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I am a big Fowler fan but his play is horrible right now. Horrible.

This seems to happen every time he gets hurt.

I am starting to lose faith in him being anything more than a middle tier defenseman.
This might surprise people but i was once a HUGE Fowler Fan, even have a autograph puck he signed.
I once believed he was gonna turn into a 55 to 65 point Dman who's great offensively but mistake prone defensively like Karlsson. I also thought he'd eventually learn to throw a hit so other players don't bully him as much (Giordano). Even Erik Karlsson can throw hits, he even got suspended this year for one.

But when he kept sinking after his rookie 40 point season i started losing faith, Lindholm having 3 good seasons in a row also made me think he won't ever reach it.
Then it seemed like Fowler tried to become more of a 2way defender as though even he realized he won't ever score 55 points. I kinda feel at times he needs a change of scenery.

I think the best move would have been if they had offered Fowler for Hall & Edmonton says yes.
He would be flying on the ice feeding the puck to McDavid.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He’s kind of starting to turn into the defenseman version of Bobby Ryan. Used to be good but there has been a massive drop in his game the last couple seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad