Value of: Cam Fowler to NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
2 years at 4 mil would warrant a pick and a prospect but for entrenched players such as Henrique or Hall he'd need to sign an extension. I don't know how untouchable Zacha is after seeing Larsson moved, but I'd doubt he'd be in a trade for Fowler without an extension.

Henrique has 3 years left due 4.5, 5, 5.5

Fowler has 2 years left due 4, 4

Ducks wouldn't be adding value in this scenario.

Edit:
I could see something like
Henrique +

Fowler + Stoner + smaller future piece

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
2 years at 4 mil would warrant a pick and a prospect but for entrenched players such as Henrique or Hall he'd need to sign an extension. I don't know how untouchable Zacha is after seeing Larsson moved, but I'd doubt he'd be in a trade for Fowler without an extension.

I've rarely (if ever) heard of any player signing an extension two years before his contract is up. Have you?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I've rarely (if ever) heard of any player signing an extension two years before his contract is up. Have you?

That's because you can't sign an extension until the final year of a contract. For Fowler that will be 7/1/17.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We're not doing an extension and trade. You either take his contract and make it NJ's problem or you don't get him. Especially not for a prospect and a pick. Anaheim isn't in the market for pure futures.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
We're not doing an extension and trade. You either take his contract and make it NJ's problem or you don't get him. Especially not for a prospect and a pick. Anaheim isn't in the market for pure futures.

Well, GMBM was rumored to want a top-10 draft pick for Fowler so it's not unreasonable to think we may entertain a package of futures. Having said that, I maintain that a Fowler for Henrique swap would be mutually beneficial.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well, GMBM was rumored to want a top-10 draft pick for Fowler so it's not unreasonable to think we may entertain a package of futures. Having said that, I maintain that a Fowler for Henrique swap would be mutually beneficial.

That was when he had a 24th and 30th overall pick in his pocket, 8 or 9 + those picks could reasonably move him into the top 5.

Now we're going into the regular season where he could either get forward help now for Fowler, keep him in the lineup and hold out for the deadline, or trade him for an intangible piece now. Why wouldn't he wait until the TDL? Trade Fowler for a pick now and we get worse for our next cup run.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016

You can only sign an extension a year before you are a free agent. So just make sure you know what you are talking about before you just these things...

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't think Fowler was ever in play for the 8th or 9th.

I like Henrique, but im not sure he would really fit into the Ducks/Western Conference style at all. I just don't see him as a good fit here. I also don't think the Devils, after suffering for the last couple of seasons as an offensive starved team would trade for Hall just to get rid of their most gifted Center.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If the price is a young roster forward like Henrique, I don't think the Devils are in a position to make that trade. Then again, I didn't think they were in a position to trade Larsson either...

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
We'll give you Bieksa for anything you want to give up. Like it can be for your worst concession stand worker.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
well, since they are both UFA's I don't think you have to worry about them anymore.

That's not true. As a Devils fan you almost have to assume Gio at least is coming back. But at least Lou isn't at the helm anymore so there is some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad