Cam Barker info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Marshall said:
With the Caps absolutely stinking, and clearly ahead in the last overall race, I was trying to find some info about some of the high-ranked picks. Lots said about Ovechkin, but I was wondering if someone could fill me in on Barker, what kind of game he plays, etc.

Thanks.

seen him play a few games last year at the Canada Winter Games. This guy was the best all-around d-man at an impressive tournament. He had size, strength, and skill. He hits, he has great positional play, he is very strong on the ice, is able to take guys out with ease, he has very soft hands for a big guy and is very poised and calm when bringing the puck down the ice, has great passing ability and a good shot from the point, creates alot of offense and is able to pinch in once in awhile for some help in the offensive end. This guy was very very impressive for me as he is the complete package on defense.

X-SHARKIE

moosefan said:
seen him play a few games last year at the Canada Winter Games. This guy was the best all-around d-man at an impressive tournament. He had size, strength, and skill. He hits, he has great positional play, he is very strong on the ice, is able to take guys out with ease, he has very soft hands for a big guy and is very poised and calm when bringing the puck down the ice, has great passing ability and a good shot from the point, creates alot of offense and is able to pinch in once in awhile for some help in the offensive end. This guy was very very impressive for me as he is the complete package on defense.

I like Barker so much that he's #2 on my 2004 drafta list so far.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
would a team like Carolina, w/Staal, or Columbus w/Nash and Zherdev be tempted to forgoe Ovechkin at #1 and pick this kid?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
EroCaps said:
would a team like Carolina, w/Staal, or Columbus w/Nash and Zherdev be tempted to forgoe Ovechkin at #1 and pick this kid?

No. If anything they would try to trade the #1 to a team looking for Ovechkin. Teams will overpay for him.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
EroCaps said:

I like Barker a lot but I'm not sure he's good enough to pass on a potential franchise player like Ovechkin. I don't think Barker is quite as good as say, Pitkanen and Bouwmeester, but I like him more than any of the big 3 from 2003 (Suter, Coburn, Phaneuf).

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Epsilon said:
I like Barker a lot but I'm not sure he's good enough to pass on a potential franchise player like Ovechkin. I don't think Barker is quite as good as say, Pitkanen and Bouwmeester, but I like him more than any of the big 3 from 2003 (Suter, Coburn, Phaneuf).

Mike Rathje had the same hype and comes from the same team as Barker does. :)

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Rathje...I've watched Barker play since he was 12...he had more puckhandling ability then than Rathje has now ;).

I'm a huge fan of his. I don't think anyone would pass on Ovechkin for anyone, but the team that gets Barker is getting an absolute stud. He's a great kid too.

Steve Latin*

kenabnrmal said:
Rathje...I've watched Barker play since he was 12...he had more puckhandling ability then than Rathje has now ;).

I'm a huge fan of his. I don't think anyone would pass on Ovechkin for anyone, but the team that gets Barker is getting an absolute stud. He's a great kid too.

How does he compare to Pronger? Does he have a mean streak?

S L

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Steve Latin said:
How does he compare to Pronger? Does he have a mean streak?

S L
I haven't seen him play this year, and I hadn't seen Pronger at his age, so its tough to say. My guess would be that he's more skilled, but with not as much size or strength. He does have a mean streak, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad