pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
He is okay, but this forum hates him for no reason

yeah this place is just filled with haters

don't think for a second that cam can't see you guys hating, he sees all

CamBarker1-1.jpg

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
He has not looked anywhere near as bad as the self-proclaimed experts on this board keep telling us he is.

Outside99*

Barker clearly has skill. Defensively, just about anybody can walk around him which is why pairing him with Alberts is a bad idea.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Nothing wrong with his skill set in terms of cap hit. Guys like this are serviceable in the 5-7 range.

I like that, when in doubt, he shoots it on net and gets it off quickly with none of that fake windup BS. There are too many wannabe Bieksas on this team, who would see more points if only they simplified their game.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
The one thing that's stuck out for me is that he's able to do good things with his shot, whereas Garrison and Edler don't seem to be able to create space with their shots this season.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Well he can take a hit. Looks good on the offensive blueline, too passive in his own end though.

Most impressive so far : he was paired with Edler in OT and CBJ didn't score. WOW.

thegutter

May 22, 2011

i thought he has been pretty good for what he is, hes already matched his point totals in 4 games that he had in 25 last season, and hasnt made any terrible gaffs with the puck.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
a bit slow in the defensive end but i'm sure that would come around with consistent playing time. Really like what he brings offensively, very calm with the puck and always get the shot through or on net. Definitely want to see him more on the pp.

Considering alberts is basically just a big pylon id much rather see barker. IF alberts actually used his size and was more like Hal Gill then i would be in favour of him.

Steve Bennett*

a bit slow in the defensive end but i'm sure that would come around with consistent playing time. Really like what he brings offensively, very calm with the puck and always get the shot through or on net. Definitely want to see him more on the pp.

Considering alberts is basically just a big pylon id much rather see barker. IF alberts actually used his size and was more like Hal Gill then i would be in favour of him.

I echo these thoughts...

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
a bit slow in the defensive end but i'm sure that would come around with consistent playing time.

I think it's safe to say that he probably won't get much better in the defensive zone, but for a #6 with offensive defenceman, not too bad in the defensive zone is about all you can expect.

John Bender*

He is okay, but this forum hates him for no reason

Precisely.

The guy is a depth d-man being paid minimal money. The backlash from this forum to the signing was absurd.

You'd think we just inked him to a 12 year 64 million dollar deal.

Ryan96

Mar 1, 2013
Vancouver
He seems to be able to get shots through. But on the defensive side of things I think there is some improving to do..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad