Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson re-signed for 2 years

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Arty's production won't net him a lot of dollars. He didn't light the KHL on fire when he was there, either. I really doubt he'll get more than $3M. Bob, on the other hand... I'm kind of hoping for a 1 year deal because I don't think his numbers are sustainable at all but he still has a strong potential to be a .915-.917 career goalie (which is where he's at atm). He'll probably post .910-.915 next season then Jarmo can lock him up for the long term.

hopefully youre underestimating BOB. I think he has his athleticism under control and can establish himself as a top third netminder.

bizzz*

Arty's production won't net him a lot of dollars. He didn't light the KHL on fire when he was there, either. I really doubt he'll get more than $3M. Bob, on the other hand... I'm kind of hoping for a 1 year deal because I don't think his numbers are sustainable at all but he still has a strong potential to be a .915-.917 career goalie (which is where he's at atm). He'll probably post .910-.915 next season then Jarmo can lock him up for the long term.
Arty was named the best KHL forward of the month this season. That happened when all the Russians and some other NHL stars played there. He did light the KHL on fire.
Also I have no idea where did you get all the Bob's predicted numbers. His raw talent got polished this season and his previous numbers should be irrelevant to the future projections.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
and his previous numbers should be irrelevant to the future projections.

Previous numbers are relevant in negotiations, especially when they were as recent as a year ago. Bob certainly has earned a decent pay raise, but the front office should exercise caution. We've seen what can happen if caution is ignored. With this team and others.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Arty was named the best KHL forward of the month this season. That happened when all the Russians and some other NHL stars played there. He did light the KHL on fire.
Also I have no idea where did you get all the Bob's predicted numbers. His raw talent got polished this season and his previous numbers should be irrelevant to the future projections.

Well, .920 are guys like Lundqvist and Rinne. Not sure if Bob can get up there but he should be close.

Yeah, Arty was named top forward in November but he ended with 29 points in 36 games. Very good but it's not like he was tearing the league apart by the end.

bizzz*

Yeah, Arty was named top forward in November but he ended with 29 points in 36 games. Very good but it's not like he was tearing the league apart by the end.

Loko is not a high scoring team, Arty had a slow start and played with two unknown kids (22 and 20 years old), but still finished 2nd in team's scoring just 1 point behind his former linemate Plotnikov (who eventually played 14 games more than Anisimov). You can't compare his numbers to the guys like Mozyakin, who had Malkin at center for the most part of the year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The last five Vezina winners and current contracts:

05-06 Kiprusoff 6yr/$35m ($5.8m/yr)
06-07/07-08 Brodeur 6yr/$31m ($5.2m/yr)
08-09/10-11 Thomas 4y/$20m ($5m/yr)
09-10 Miller (5yr/$31m ($6.2m/yr)
11-12 Lundqvist 6yr/$41m) $6.9m/yr)

If Bob wins the Vezina, he's not signing for much less than $5m/yr would be my best guess. Certainly not less than $4m/yr. I'd set his floor at around the Thomas level ($20m/4years) just because he's only at the RFA contract status level and he's young.

Jarmo may have gotten great discounts with Letestu, Calvert and Atkinson, but the vault is going to have to be opened with Bob. The likely hardware (Vezina) precludes the bargain rack for Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->