Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson re-signed for 2 years

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=667806

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Cam Atkinson to a two-year contract extension through the 2014-15 National Hockey League season, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. As is club policy, terms were not disclosed.

“Cam is a highly skilled and exciting player who continues to evolve in all aspects of his game,†said Kekalainen. “He battles hard every night, has a great determination to succeed and we are pleased that he will continue to be an important member of our hockey club.â€

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Shawn Mitchell from the Dispatch tweets: #CBJ signs F Cam Atkinson to 2-year, $2.3M contract extension. I would imagine a very similar contract to Calvert. This is a bridge contract. Perform well on this one and he'll hit the jackpot. At least 2 more years of seeing a Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson line. I like it.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
Yes!! Cam really seems to be turning it on lately. Glad to see him fully recover from that darn ankle. Love the deals given out. Short terms with better than imagined prices.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Shawn Mitchell from the Dispatch tweets: #CBJ signs F Cam Atkinson to 2-year, $2.3M contract extension. I would imagine a very similar contract to Calvert. This is a bridge contract. Perform well on this one and he'll hit the jackpot. At least 2 more years of seeing a Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson line. I like it.

Another good deal by Kekalainen. Very happy for Cam and the team.

QTMcWhiskers

Playoff Avatar Stays
Jun 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
100options.bandcamp.com
My thoughts as well. Our mighty mites will be together for at least two more years. Now what about BOB.

41JVZ9KEK0L._SY300_.jpg

I'd say (hope) 3 years $12 million?

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
My thoughts as well. Our mighty mites will be together for at least two more years. Now what about BOB.

Keep in mind both Calvert and Atkinson will be RFA's when these contracts end. If Jarmo is smarter about RFA signings than Howson, we should still be able to get Atkinson and Calvert re-signed the next go 'round at a reasonable cap hit if we want to retain them.

Bobrovsky will be an interesting challenge. I doubt his agent is going to settle for a two year deal that would have him become an RFA when the deal ends. So, Jarmo will probably prefer a longer term deal that is otherwise below market for what his performance was this season. Bob's agent will want more in salary if his client is going to give up UFA years. Etc., etc.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay, yeah, Kekalainen's early moves are looking pretty good.

Still wanting to see how he handles Bob and Artie, tho.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Between Calvert and Atkinson, I'm very impressed by the value of both deals.

Me too. Arty and Bob are going to be the true tests. I almost don't care what Jarmo offers Bob, just don't insult him or risk him looking for other options.

The Letestu deal was definitely the most impressive, because he was UFA. I think there is some real backstory there, and Letestu must have really wanted to stay because he definitely could have had more elsewhere.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Me too. Arty and Bob are going to be the true tests. I almost don't care what Jarmo offers Bob, just don't insult him or risk him looking for other options.

The Letestu deal was definitely the most impressive, because he was UFA. I think there is some real backstory there, and Letestu must have really wanted to stay because he definitely could have had more elsewhere.

The thing with goalies is it seems when they start to make the bigs bucks in the make it or break it point. Give him a big contract, and he doesnt play as well as he did this year, next year, he'll be thrown under the bus. Give him enough to be happy, but hungry for more.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Arty's production won't net him a lot of dollars. He didn't light the KHL on fire when he was there, either. I really doubt he'll get more than $3M. Bob, on the other hand... I'm kind of hoping for a 1 year deal because I don't think his numbers are sustainable at all but he still has a strong potential to be a .915-.917 career goalie (which is where he's at atm). He'll probably post .910-.915 next season then Jarmo can lock him up for the long term.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
arty's production won't net him a lot of dollars. He didn't light the khl on fire when he was there, either. I really doubt he'll get more than $3m. Bob, on the other hand... I'm kind of hoping for a 1 year deal because i don't think his numbers are sustainable at all but he still has a strong potential to be a .915-.917 career goalie (which is where he's at atm). He'll probably post .910-.915 next season then jarmo can lock him up for the long term.

this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->