Confirmed with Link: Calvin Pickard to Toronto for Tobias Lindberg and 2018 6th round pick

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
No say but I wouldn't blame them one bit for getting angry about how their prospects are handled. They're not exactly slouches in the development dept.

Most of the gms in the league seem to be on pretty good terms with one another and tend to go way back. I wouldn't be surprised if GMGM and Armstrong have a good relationship working for Team Canada in international competitions.

True, but I just remember how nasty it got between the Wolves and Blues - it was always a very tempestuous relationship, and it'll be nice to see it completed at the end of this season.

If Pickard had to be moved, then he had to be moved. If he didn't, would have preferred to let him get some good stats on a stacked AHL team.
(I am kind of glad something got done, just between you and me, smashed hat)

Ha! Nice reference. ;)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Yep ^ The Wolves are a team trying to win the Calder Cup. They don’t care about prospect development.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Moot point considering Fleury's injury coming before Luongo's. They may have, but we wouldn't have traded him if he were our starter.

And Florida is in a somewhat similar situation to us. They have an aging #1, and a clear heir apparent (obviously, Reimer is more experienced than Subban), with a KHL vet and some good prospects in the system. I'm convinced they would have just run with Reimer/Sateri if Niemi hadn't been waived - they likely only claimed him since it didn't cost them any assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->