Confirmed with Link: Calvin Pickard to Toronto for Tobias Lindberg and 2018 6th round pick

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Well, that was fast! Feel bad for Picks. Especially, after all the work done for his new mask. :D

Good luck in TO, Calvin! Welcome to Las Vegas, Tobias!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
At least he got assets...but I just don't think gambling on Subban when Pickard seems to have better upside is a good move.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Watched Tobias’s development closely as a Sens fan (he was moved to Toronto in the Phaneuf deal)

He is a pretty solid bet to be a NHL’er. He has some offensive skill, and has very good size and speed.

I see a solid third line guy who can be in an offensive role or energy role.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Already got one Lindberg!

Anyone know why this kid didn't play for the Marlies in the postseason last year?

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Watched Tobias’s development closely as a Sens fan (he was moved to Toronto in the Phaneuf deal)

He is a pretty solid bet to be a NHL’er. He has some offensive skill, and has very good size and speed.

I see at least a solid third line guy who can be in an offensive role or energy role.

And he was great during his one year in Oshawa, and helped them on their way to winning the Memorial Cup (I was there in Quebec City to see one of their games). That was a stacked team that was able to defeat McDavid's Erie team in the OHL finals. He's sputtered last year with the Marlies, but he's got a chance to rebound here. He's got size (6'3") and could play up and down the lineup. I like the move!

PS. In case anyone is curious, Lindberg is waiver-exempt for one more year.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Prior the goalie coach has been around McPhee forever, and he was one of the first people hired by the organization almost a year before Gallant was hired.

GMGM trusts him, and he thinks they can make Subban a player.

I'm willing to give him some time.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Flower's going to need some time off. Might as well throw ol' Malcom out there. A lot of the development they're hoping for will happen in practice, I'm sure.

This is the time to try something like this, horrible idea if they're in a position to actually try to win.

Reactions: Sir Goose

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not a bad return really. Sixth rounders are pretty worthless in value no matter how deep a draft is, but I like getting an offensive prospect even if he's just NHL level filler eventually. Lets face it Pickard wasn't going to be around more than a few years and having him blocked development for someone else. I kind of doubt Subban is the guy either, but if Pickard had to go and play in Chicago for awhile that would be a lost spot for something the team really needs to develop because Fleury is highly unlikely to be starting any playoff games for VGK.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Anyone know why this kid didn't play for the Marlies in the postseason last year?

Apparently, he was injured: http://marlies.ca/article/release-marlies-announce-2017-playoff-roster

Tobias Lindberg (upper body injury) will begin the postseason on the injured reserve.

Not many teams shopping for backup goalies right now.

Exactly. Decent return for a guy that may not have had a future here. A waiver-exempt prospect and a draft pick for one of the expansion slots looks good to me.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You do realize that Armstrong has no say in how the Wolves are run, right?

No say but I wouldn't blame them one bit for getting angry about how their prospects are handled. They're not exactly slouches in the development dept.

Most of the gms in the league seem to be on pretty good terms with one another and tend to go way back. I wouldn't be surprised if GMGM and Armstrong have a good relationship working for Team Canada in international competitions.

If Pickard had to be moved, then he had to be moved. If he didn't, would have preferred to let him get some good stats on a stacked AHL team.
(I am kind of glad something got done, just between you and me, smashed hat)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->