Confirmed with Link: Calvin Pickard, McBackup, Placed on Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
upload_2018-10-1_10-26-51.gif

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Sparks in no way shape or form earned his spot of McBackup. If this came from the top, it killed the message that spots are earned, as it is obvious this was an asset decision and not a earned spot.

McBackup will be claimed. Would be surprised if any of these guys cleared honestly. First game Sparks shits the bed in I can't wait to see these boards.

McBackup was always steady and reliable. I don't trust Sparks he is trash. First move I heavily dislike by management in over three years.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Not surprised on McElhinny! He's 39. Sparks would have been claimed on his AHL performance and championship for sure.

Reactions: Lauro and NiftyMits

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah some of these guys are getting claimed. Especially Carrick since Jerebek literally just got a 6th after going on waivers.

Carolina needs a goalie with Darling hurt, so that could be one. Unless these guys want to give us a pick after these guys clear (like Pickard last year) so they can move up and down and so they can dump a contract on us.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Sparks in no way shape or form earned his spot of McBackup. If this came from the top, it killed the message that spots are earned, as it is obvious this was an asset decision and not a earned spot.

McBackup will be claimed. Would be surprised if any of these guys cleared honestly. First game Sparks ****s the bed in I can't wait to see these boards.

McBackup was always steady and reliable. I don't trust Sparks he is trash. First move I heavily dislike by management in over three years.
Why are you hoping Sparks does poorly, it’s in all of our best interest to see him to well.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
big mistake waving McBackup I think.

not sure I'm on the same page as Dubas with this one. but if he gets through wavers, then Dubas is back to being a genius.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
At age 35, not surprised on McElhinny. Sparks would have been claimed for sure given his AHL performance and Calder Cup.

Such a small sample size for our Leafs to lose Sparks on waivers. Sure, he didn't look good in a couple of preseason games. So what. Too early to just give him away.

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why are you hoping Sparks does poorly, it’s in all of our best interest to see him to well.

I'm not hoping he does poorly. I am not a fan. Seems like a good guy, but watching him with the Marlies he is not an NHL level goalie. I didn't see anything in pre-season that changed my mind.

Goes to show "tie goes to the vet" is subjective. If I was McBackup I would be pissed.

Reactions: CanadasTeam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->