Calvin De Haan

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I just got my free yearbook at the coli last night, and it has him listed as 6'1", 197 lbs. I of course thought that would be typical, all the measurements were boosted for all players, -- but it doesnt seem that way, for example Donovan is listed 6'0", 195lb. So either it's a DeHaan conspiracy, or he really did bulk up.
I would be more interested in what they said about Ness. If he is listed as 5'10" and 190 lbs then yeah, dubious at best. It has been standard practice for clubs to put out augmented stats over the years.

So in summary, Calvin de Haan (who is not nearly as soft as people here make him out to be, he initiates contact a lot, and is quite strong, even for his build) should he stay healthy all year long should be ready to make the jump at the NHL level next year. Even if it's as a 5/6/7 rotational defenceman to get eased in and find himself at the NHL level for a season. As redbull says, the kid has too many tools (SMART, Skating, Positioning, Reliable, Passing). Good player to have

I am not worried about the defensive prospects in general unless the GM gets spooked by bad records leading up to Brooklyn. I completely expect 2 of the prospects not named Ness to be up next season, which could well mean Reinhart and deHaan. If Donovan struggles this season, do they send him back down and if so, does he stay down? If they keep him up with the other two, and he does not significantly improve beyond what we have seen to date next year is not going to be pretty. Sooner or later you need most of your blueline to be at least competent in the defensive zone, rookie or not. I'll keep an open mind on CdH. I hope he brings the stability you guys imply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->